The Whitman team is excited to have our returning and new students with us for the 2014-15 school year. Our goal is to provide your child with a rich school experience, in a warm and caring environment. The Whitman community is looking forward to building on the accomplishments of the 2013-14 school year. Several are:
- Being named a WI DPI School of Recognition for the second year in a row! Whitman qualified in the “Beating the Odds” category. (Pictured are Ms. Rolfsmeyer & Ms. Schumacher-Stefanovic with Deputy State Superintendent Mr. Michael Thompson.)
- Expanding to a K-8 school, adding 7th grade this fall and 8th grade the following year.
- Increasing school-wide attendance from 93.5% to 94.4%,
- Being named a GE Focus School. GE supports teacher training around implementing the Common Core Curriculum.
- Receiving a STEM grant, which will provide teaching training and software for Project Lead The Way for elementary students.
During 2014-15, our school staff will be focusing on several key initiatives including, 1) a continued focus on increasing the academic achievement of all students, with a special emphasis on reading, 2) increasing parent/family engagement at Whitman, and 3) further implementation of the STEM curriculum, including Project Lead The Way. We are excited to increase our music opportunities for our students, with our music teacher, Mr. Kuepper, being at Whitman four days a week. Art and Physical Education will also be offered to our students. If you have friends or family members that are still looking for a school home for their children, we still have available seats in most of our classrooms. Please let them know what a great school Whitman is! I am looking forward to working with you and your children. Please feel free to contact me at 414-604-7700 or at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Walt Whitman Elementary School