Summer is a time for relaxing, vacations, popsicles, and water fun! However, don’t let your child(ren) suffer from the dreaded “Brain Drain” that occurs each Summer. The Milwaukee Public Library system has a Summer reading program with many different incentives. Don’t forget to read each day this Summer for at least 20 minutes!
Here are 10 awesomely fun AND EDUCATIONAL things your family can do together this Summer for FREE!
1. The Milwaukee Art Museum is free everyday for kids under 12 and free every first Thursday of the month for kids and adults.
2. The Urban Ecology Center has free animal feeding at their Riverside and Menomonee Valley locations every Saturday.
3. Artists Working In Education has an art bus that travels to Milwaukee parks for free art activities.
5. Havenwoods State Forest offers many free family programs in the summer.
6. Farmers’ Markets throughout the area have great food and family fun!
7. The Milwaukee Public Museum is free on Mondays with proof of Milwaukee County residency.
8. Summerfest Kids Day: Tuesday, July 1! Sentry Foods and Dean’s Milk & Ice Cream Children’s Fest Day with TODAY’S TMJ4, noon until 3 p.m. All patrons will be admitted free. Spend a fun-filled day with the family enjoying Children’s Fest activities, including the Map of Fun and Family Ticket Package giveaway contest. Select food vendors will also offer discounts on food and beverage items.
9. The Betty Brinn Children’s Museum is free the 3rd Thurday of each month from 5pm-8pm with themed events!
10. The Milwaukee Recreation Department has free playground activities at various locations throughout the city starting June 23rd.