The Whitman community is looking forward to building on the accomplishments of the 2015-16 school year. Several are:
- Being named a WI DPI School of Recognition with a School Report Score of 77.4, Exceeding Expectations! Whitman qualified in the “Beating the Odds” category.
- Expanding to a K-8 school, now offering both 7th and 8th grade.
- Increasing school-wide attendance to 95%.
- Being named a GE Focus School. GE supports teacher training around implementing the Common Core Curriculum.
- Receiving a STEM grant, which will provide teaching training and software for Project Lead The Way for elementary students.
During 2015-16, our school staff will be focusing on several key initiatives including, 1) a continued focus on increasing the academic achievement of all students, with a special emphasis on reading, 2) increasing parent/family engagement at Whitman, and 3) further implementation of the STEM curriculum, including Project Lead The Way. We are excited to increase our music opportunities for our students, with instrument lessons being offered by our music teacher, Mr. Budziszek, as well as Art and Physical Education also being taught to our students. We also continue to offer “Camp Whitman”, our before and after school recreation program for students.
If you have friends or family members that are still looking for a school home for their children, we still have available seats in most of our classrooms. Please let them know what a great school Whitman is!
I am looking forward to working with you and your children. Please feel free to contact me at 414-604-7700 or at email@example.com if you have any questions.