The goal at Westside Academy is to provide a fundamental education that emphasizes the mastery of basic and higher-order thinking skills in the areas of mathematics, reading, writing, and science. A highly structured environment for students in Head Start through eighth grade is provided. Arts and technology are incorporated within the curriculum. Supervised activities with both academic and recreational opportunities are provided after regular school hours through Our Next Generation, Community Learning Center (CLC) program.
Westside is dedicated to maintaining a cooperative and collaborative effort between parents and the community. In this way, we foster the development of the skills and attitudes necessary for our students to become productive and successful citizens.
- Type: Charter
- Transportation Region: Westside I – Washington, Westside II – Custer, Riverside & Washington
- Special Programs: P-5, High/Scope, PBIS, Project Lead the Way, Homework First, Head Start
- Mandatory Uniforms: White tops with black bottoms
- Features: Technology center at both sites, Community Resource Center, Extended Day/Extended Year (provides academic enrichment and athletic activities for students and the community).
- Average Class Size: 25
- Title I funding provides extra academic support to our students.
- Our Next Generation CLC