At WCLL, online computer research skills are introduced and software applications allow students to reinforce key concepts, practice math calculations, build reading abilities and apply keyboarding skills. In today’s world, technology is constantly changing. WCLL students stay current with new innovations because we recognize the major role that modern technology plays in society. Students are exposed to online resources that enhance their classroom education. WCLL’s fully-connected computer lab is available for student use that they may develop and improve their online prowess.
While browsing the Internet, students are urged to practice safe online habits. The Internet can be a wonderful source of information for children to explore as they increase their knowledge. The educational Web sites listed below help students advance their academic skills and enjoy the Internet in a safe way. Students can explore these Web sites at WCLL or discover them at home with their families.
Please call if you need private, confidential assistance. Spanish is spoken at those numbers marked *Se habla español.
- Abuse – Child Protective Services (24 hrs): 220-7233
- Abuse – SafePath (24 hr): 271-9523
- Alanon/Alateen – Relatives and friends of alcoholics who share experiences and help one another: 257-2415
- Battered Women’s & Children’s Refuge: 671-6140
- Battered Women’s Shelter: 933-2722 *Se habla español.
- Batterers Anonymous: 643-4799
- Birthright: 672-5433
- Centro de la Comunidad Unida – New Beginning Clinic: 643-8530 *Se habla español.
- Counseling – Family Services of Milwaukee: 342-4560
- Crisis Hotline: 257-7222
- Helpline – Sexually Transmitted Diseases: 271-3123
- Milwaukee Urban League – Prevention of Adolescent Parenthood: 374-5850
- Planned Parenthood (Administration): 271-8045
- Police (Non-emergency, Milwaukee): 933-4444
- Pupil Transportation Services (MPS): 475-8000
- Renew Counseling Services: 383-4455
- Runaway (Pathfinders, 1614 E. Kane Place): 271-1560
- Sexual Assault Treatment Center (24 hr.): 219-5555
- Sojourner House: 933-2722 *Se habla español
- Suicide Prevention/Mental Health: 257-7611 or 271-3123
- Walker’s Point Center (24 hr.) – 732 S. 21st Street
- Runaway Shelter: 647-8200 *Se habla español
Temporary Food Benefits for students
2020-2021 Remote Learning Assessment Update
The current assessment calendar for the 2020-2021 school-year was developed to reflect the instructional mode of remote learning while maintaining compliance with state statutes and board policies. Updates to the calendar will occur as needed when the district moves into each instructional phase (e.g., hybrid, face-to-face).