The Importance of Parent Involvement
Parental Involvement is very important. Research has shown that it is associated with student achievement. Here are five top reasons why parent involvement is important:
1) Junior and senior high school students whose parents remain involved make better transitions, maintain the quality of their work, and develop realistic plans for their future. Students whose parents are not involved, on the other hand, are more likely to drop out of school.
2) Students achieve more, regardless of socio-economic status, ethnic/racial background or the parents’ education level.
3) Students have higher graduation rates and greater enrollment rates in post-secondary education.
4) Students have higher grades and test scores, better attendance, and complete homework more consistently.
5) Students will keep pace with academic performance if their parents participate in school events, develop a working relationship with educators, and keep up with what is happening with their child’s school.
Parent Assistant allows you, as parents or guardians to:
- View information about your child/children enrolled in MPS
- View attendance information
- View bus pick-up and drop off information
- View courses, grades, possible assignments (may be limited at some schools)
- Parent Assistant is available at all hours
- You will need to apply for security access to view this information.
Please review the Fact Sheet below for more information and then complete the Application Form to get security permission to view your child/children’s information.
Fact Sheets & Security Access Applications
- MPS Parent Assistant Fact Sheet
- Application for Internet access to your child’s records (Click here to download)