Committed Families, Successful Students
At South Division, we are invested in strong family involvement at all levels. South Division strongly believes that real success takes place when families, the school, and the community all come together. Working in unison, we are able to provide the tools needed to prepare our students for college, career, and life.
Parents and guardians are a key component of effective schools and an integral part of South Division’s educational program. The high school years serve as a critical developmental period as teens transition into young adults.
Here are some ways you can help ensue your child’s success:
- Make attendance a priority.
- There is an undeniable link between a student’s attendance and their overall success. Please make sure that your child is present at school an attending all of their classes.
- Communicate with the school.
- By communicating with the school, you are able to keep up with your child. It is recommended that parents attend parent teacher conferences and reach out any time there are concerns or changes that may affect students.
- Set realistic expectations.
- It is always important to set standards to ensure that our children are working towards attaining a goal. Make sure that these standards are realistic and attainable. By setting expectations, we can hold our students accountable for their education.
- Keep your child healthy.
- Make sure your child is getting enough rest and eating right. It is important that our students be best prepared to take on their day. By caring for your child’s physical, emotional, and mental health you are ensuring that your child is ready to succeed in school.
We understand that there are often obstacles that affect families.
We are here to help. We have programs to support those going through difficult times.
If you would like to talk to a counselor, psychologist, or a social worker, please feel free to reach out. Our goal is to collaborate with parents and families to build a strong support network for our students.
Want to keep up with your child’s grades and attendance?
Sign up for Parent Portal and receive real time updates on your child’s progress in school.
With Parent Portal you can see your child’s grades, attendance, as well as receive school updates.
Call our office and find out how to sign up.
For more info click the link below:
Want to get involved?
South Division is always looking to have parents be a part of their child’s high school experience.
Whether its volunteering around the school or chaperoning a field trip, we would love to have you help.
If you are interested in volunteering click on the link below: