Hello Sherman Family and Friends!!
My name is Mrs. E. Wells, and I am the Principal at Sherman Multicultural Arts School. I am excited to be joining the Sherman School Community and I look forward to getting to know you and your child(ren) during the school year.
The Sherman School Staff and I are ready to assist you so that your child(ren) reaches a proficient/advanced educational status by (and just to name a few):
- Implicit instruction that is engaging and rigorous in all academic areas.
- Monitoring our School Improvement Grant (SIG) in collaboration with our SIG Administrator .
- Educating every child using the Common Core State Standards
- Using a common language in school wide PBIS and RtI consistently.
- Incorporating our Turn Around Arts curriculum supports: Visual Thinking Strategies and Acting Right Curriculum to support student learning.
- IEP driven services that are successful for the growth academically and socially for students with Special Education Needs.
- Differentiating instruction to meet the needs of all students.
- Supporting our Future Forward Tutoring Program and Project Prevent Team members to support students educationally and emotionally.
- Using data to drive instructional practices.
- Designing engaging and rigorous instruction and assessments.
We are further excited to offer students full time art weekly; we also offer Physical Education classes three times per week. In addition, we welcome Arts at Large and Still Water Poetry to engage our students and expand their artistic repertoire of skills; this enhances our Turn Around Arts efforts! This year we are presenting a musical production on Aladdin in collaboration with Turn Around Arts!
Sherman Families, I am here for your students, I believe in your students, and I am committed to leading a school that prepares ALL students with 21st Century Skills that will allow them to attain their career and/or college goals. My expectations for students’ performance in behavior so that they can learn in their class rooms is very high, and I KNOW our students will rise to this expectation!
Ebbie L. Wells , MA. Ed.
Principal, Sherman School