Rufus King Exam Information:
*Updated information to come soon.
Exemption forms will be distributed in hour 1 classes. Exemption forms with signatures are due to the attendance office by 3:00 p.m.
Exam days. The schedule for the exam days is below. The exams days are half days for students.
Breakfast will be served. Bag lunches will be available for those students that would like to get a lunch to go on exam days. Lunch will be served in the 10 minute window that students have to exit the building.
EXEMPTION POLICY: Exemptions are board policy, and requirements must be followed. Please read the following to students and then distribute exemption request cards in 1st period.
1. Final exams are required of all students; however, students are eligible to exercise two exemptions under the following conditions:
a. Students must have an A or B average for the semester.
b. No unexcused absences from your class.
c. No more than 6 excused absences from that class (excluding
designated religious holidays). Field trips do not count towards excused days.
*Note: Absences are excused for the following reasons for
which the student has presented a written and signed excuse
by the parent or guardian:
1. Personal illness
2. Death in family
3. Court appearance
4. Designated religious holiday
5. Medical appointment
6. Family emergency (must be explained)
7. Driver examination
8. Suspensions (excused, per Board policy).
2. Students must present his or her exemption request card to the teacher of the class in which he or she is requesting an exemption.
3. Students are allowed to take up to two exemptions. Students missing any exams beyond the two allowed exemptions will be considered absent unexcused and assigned a grade of U.
4. After the teacher or teachers have signed the exemption request card, it must be turned in to the Attendance office Room 134 by the student no later than 3:00 p.m.
NO EXEMPTION CARDS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THAT DAY. Students not having exemption request cards on file must take all of their exams. Students may not take more than two exemptions.
Exams are to be given at the times specified in the schedule unless prior arrangements are made with administration.
Updated information to come soon.