2016-2017 Rufus King Fee Schedule:
- STUDENT FEES: $35 per student per academic year. Fees cover student handbooks, newsletter printing, postage for mailings and other student related expenses; they do NOT include graduation fees.
- IB TESTING FEES: All course candidates are expected to pay a $175.00 registration fee (paid once each year) plus a $62.00 subject fee for each subject. Full Diploma Students who paid the registration last year will only pay $62 per subject this year. Students who receive free or reduced lunch benefits pay the $175 registration fee, but no exam fees. Full Diploma students who took NO tests last year will need to pay the $175.00 registration fee as well as $62 per subject. The actual cost of the program is greater than is being charged, but MPS subsidizes quite a bit of the fees in order to make this program available to all students. Forms and payment (payable to Rufus King High School) are to be given to Mr. Gatewood (office located in the Library) on or before October 11th 2017. IB registration is taking place during September. Registration forms were distributed by Mr. Gatewood in IB English classes during the week of August 24th. Please sign up as soon as possible; registration closes on October 11th (Parent-Teacher Conferences). You can reach Mr. Gatewood, IB DP Coordinator, at email@example.com with questions.
- GRADUATION FEES: $125 if paid prior March 1. On March 2nd the fee increases to $135 and on May 1st the fee increases to $150. Students will not be allowed to participate in any senior activities, including graduation, until all outstanding financial obligations are met. In order to purchase tickets or attend school dances (prom etc.), students MUST owe less than $50 in TOTAL school fees. Fees must be paid in the main office, online at MyPaymentsPlus.com, or directly to Mr. Gatewood (IB fees) or Mr. Dupies (Graduation fees – in room 205, after school on Tuesday or Thursdays).
- TEXTBOOK FEES: please see Admin. Policy 7.27 – Each student is responsible for all textbooks/instructional materials issued. Any student failing to return all issued textbooks/instructional materials shall not be allowed to take textbooks/instructional materials off of the school premises until the textbooks/instructional materials previously issued but not returned have been paid for by the student/parent or guardian. Textbook fines are outlined below:
|Type of Fine||Condition||Cost per book|
|Lost Textbook||X||100% of cost|
|Missing Pages||Unusable||100% of cost|
|Water Damage/Mold||Unusable||100% of cost|
|Water Damage (if we are able to use)||Poor||50% of cost|
|Broken Binding||Fair||25% of cost|
|Torn Cover (if both covers are returned with book)||Poor||50% of cost|
|Missing Barcode but number is identifiable)||X||$1.00|
|Overdue/Late/Abandoned||X||$5.00 per book|
- PAYMENT OPTIONS: Fees may be paid in the Main Office at Rufus King to a school secretary. For the 2016-17 school year, we strongly encourage all parents (even if you do not wish to make a payment at this time) to create an account at no cost through www.MyPaymentsPlus.com. Special arrangements must be made in order to have IB or textbook fees available in MyPaymentsPlus – please contact Ms. Colas-Cain for textbook fees or Mr. Gatewood for IB fees.
To sign up, simply visit: www.MyPaymentsPlus.com and click on “Register a Free Account.” You will need your student’s ID number to complete registration. If you don’t know your child’s student ID, please contact your school to obtain this information. Once you finish registration, you may log-in to begin managing your student’s account instantly!