Welcome to the Parents’ and Guardians’ page of Rufus King International High School! We’re happy to provide you with information and resources to enhance the success and educational experience of your student and our school. Below, you will find quick links to popular parent and guardian interests. Please do visit the drop-down menu on the Families tab for many more useful resources and important information on students, parents, families, and engagement.
- To create a Parent Portal account you must have first 1) received a form summarizing your family’s information and second 2) completed a verification form where you indicate that the information was either correct or corrected. Please check the appropriate box, sign your name on the signature line, and return that form either to the Head Secretary, Ms. Headd, or to the Parent Coordinator, Mrs. Downey.
- A form will then be given to you stating your granted access and your GUID number. You will use the GUID number to then create your Parent Portal account. Instructions on how to do so will be on the form. Please note that you must have your contact preferences checked in the Emergency, Attendance, General, and Priority (Transportation) categories under the “Messenger Preferences Contact Reasons” heading.
- The username and password you create is your personal information. MPS does not keep a record of this. Therefore, if a username and/or password is forgotten, please try the Forgot Username (using password) and/or Forgot Password (using email) to retrieve it. Your username and password are not retrievable by MPS staff, including Technical Support. To regain entry to your Parent Portal account after a forgotten username, password, and email, you must contact a Customer Service Specialist at an MPS Welcome Center to reset your account.
Welcome Centers are open at three locations for assistance with the following:
- Online Enrollment/Registration
- Parent Portal Account set-up
- Parent Portal Password reset
- Transportation assistance
- Scheduling Bilingual Services testing
- Specialized Service referrals
- Parent concerns
- And more!
The Welcome Centers are staffed by Customer Service Specialists. Parents can call or visit from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Centers are closed on school holidays.
Barack Obama School of Career and Technology Education
5075 N. Sherman Blvd., Room 32
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53209
Contact: Teng Lee
South Division High School
1515 W. Lapham Blvd., Room 109
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53204
Contact: Carlos Barillas
5225 W. Vliet Street
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53208
Welcome Center: (414) 475-8204
MPS: (414) 475-8393