1. Did you know: on this day, in 1869, the Fifteenth Amendment guaranteeing the right to vote was sent to the states for ratification. This fact has been brought to you by your Rufus King BSU.
2. Attention Rufus King 9th graders! Are you interested in becoming a lawyer or in other careers in law? Apply for the free Marquette Law School Summer Youth Institute to learn what it takes. Applications are due on March 6. Pick one up from your guidance counselor or go on- line at www.law.marquette.edu/community/summer-youth-institute. You can also follow Summer.Youth. Institute on Instagram.
3. Attention – NHS Members, Full Diploma Students and Rufus King staff: The yearbook group photos will be taken Wednesday February 26th at the end of 7th period in the auditorium. Students will be asked to leave their 7th period class at 2:25pm. NHS members must wear their Blue NHS polo shirt. Have a positive day Rufus King, Mr. Wagner
4. Attention freshmen, sophomore, junior, and senior boys: The Golf team wants you! There will be an informational meeting this Wednesday, February 26 after school in Room 310 for all returning players and any boy interested in playing golf this spring. You do not need experience. We teach. We have clubs. See Mr. Biel or Mr. Sheteron if you have any questions. See you there. Golf: The sport for a lifetime!
5. Rufus King Talent show is this Thursday at 5 pm in the auditorium. Come see the tremendously talented singers, dangers, and all the rest. Tickets are $2 and can now be purchased during all three lunch periods and also at the door.
6. Sophomore, Junior and Senior MALE students: the African American Male Initiative (AAMI) at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee has invited 30 of our male scholars to attend the 7th annual Summit on Black Male Youth-Milwaukee on Tuesday, March 17th. Interested students should pick up a field trip slip from Ms. Williams in room 212. Field trip slips need to be returned to Ms. Williams by Friday, February 28th. Space is limited so act quickly!
7. Students- please remember that your Early college Credit and M Cubed applications are due by March 1st. Please have everything to your counselor or see your counselor with questions by this Friday.
8. There will be a field trip to UW-Milwaukee on March 27th for senior students who have been accepted into UWM. Permission slips are in the Guidance office and due by March 13th. Again slips are due by March 13th. No exceptions!
9. Greetings Rufus King, Today NHS is celebrating Mr. Wagner’s service and dedication to National Honor Society by wearing our NHS polos. Thank you Mr. Wagner for all that you have done for NHS and the Rufus King community.
10. Reminder: All Freshmen interested in becoming a part of the Boys and Girls Club Sponsor-A-Scholars program, please return your completed application to Ms. J in the College and Career Center (Room 2) by the end of this week!
11. Today’s Gender and Sexuality panel discussion has been cancelled and will be rescheduled at a later date. Again, the Panel Discussion for today has been cancelled. We apologize for any inconvenience. GSA Members are still welcome to come hang out after school in room 306. Please see Ms. D., Ms. Macchia, or any officer for details.