1. Attention NHS Members: Make plans to attend our next (very short) general meeting: Wednesday January 15th in room 327. Topic: “Water Challenge: 2020” – An International Project – for an International School! Have a positive day Rufus King, Mr. Wagner
2. Attention Sophomores! If you are planning on going full IB, please remember to invite your parents to attend one of the informational meetings this week. The meetings will be held at 6pm in the auditorium on Wednesday and Thursday of this week. Attendance is necessary in order to provide you with information about the IB Full Diploma curriculum and collect necessary signatures and distribute forms related to the IB Diploma Program. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mr. Gatewood – Thank you.
3. Attention all Personal Project scholars! This Friday, January 17 is our next Personal Project Workshop in room 327. You will get a pass from your 7th hour teacher to attend either the A or B session. We will be going over the requirements for the final report. This is the primary item the IB will be looking at when scoring your project, so you don’t want to miss this. Come ready with your questions!
4. In honor of Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday, we hope to pass on his legacy through his words, ideas, and his willingness to face racism, even in the most trying times. A quote from Dr. Martin Luther King jr., “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” Wisconsin United in love has organized several events this week in response to recent anti Semitic and Islamophobic hate crimes. Please join us Friday of this week to take a stand against racism and intolerance. Meet in Room 308 after school Tuesday to join the resistance!
5. Rufus King Racers! The motorcycle delivery will take place this Thursday at Motoscoot from 5 to 8. Feel free to bring your family to tour the workshop and meet all of your motorcycle mentors! If you have any questions, please see Mr. Santiago or Mr. Joseph.
6. Students interested in Model UN there is a Model UN meting this Thursday in Room 204 after school. Model Un is starting up in earnest this 2nd semester, and it is important that those students who expressed interest in Model UN to attend this meeting on Thursday Jan. 16th in Rm. 204.
7. Last week, your wrestling Generals ventured deep into wrestling-country, visiting Oostberg to dual their tough team. After many contentious matches, The Generals wrestled their way to victory! Team points were scored by Milo Tasman, Aliyana Olivarez, Demarion Walker, and Taurean Galloway. Wrestlers Elisha Powell, Donaven Walker, and Jayden Smith made crucial contributions to our win by pinning their opponents. Awesome job, Generals, and good luck dueling Bradley Tech tonight!
8. It’s stressful being a high school student. We all go through ups and downs and the struggle is REAL! If you are an actor or interested in behind the scenes, then come audition for the spring play, Nothing is the End of the World (Except for the End of the World). Auditions will be held Wednesday, January 22nd and Thursday, January 23rd after school in the little theatre. See Ms. Fig for more information or to read the script!