1. Please make note of the date correction for the Work Readiness Session. The Session will take place Thursday, November 14, 2019, again, Thursday, November 14, 2019 from 9:00am-11:00am in the Library. If you have additional questions, please contact Ms. McClain or Ms. Johnson-Walker. Thank you.
2. Attention NHS Members: Make plans to attend our next general meeting: Wednesday November 13th – in room 327. The meeting will start at 2:50. Topic: Character. Ms. Okeefe-Boettcher will be our guest speaker. Have a peaceful day Rufus King, Mr. Wagner
3. Attention all seniors interested Law Public Safety Corrections and Security, health science and human services. A job as a Fire Cadet is a gateway to a firefighting career with the Milwaukee Fire Department. As a MFD fire cadet you can earn $23,000 a year plus receive full tuition reimbursement! The MFD recruiter will be at Rufus King. See Ms. R in the College and Career Center to sign up TODAY!!
4. Attention all GSA members! Our Transgender Awareness meeting will be held next Wednesday, November 13, in room 309 from 3–4pm. A few special guests will be joining us to share stories and answer questions. New members are welcome to attend. Please see Ms. D. or Ms. Macchia with any questions or concerns.
5. Hello Asian Club members! Sorry for the silence on the next club meeting, but we are back! Today will be our next club meeting! We will be discussing the bowling trip and the Asian Club program. There will be signs up for anyone who wishes to participate in the program so please come! We’ll be in room 309 from 3-3:40
6. This year – Hunger Task Force needs our help and King’s Cooking Club is taking part in this! Rufus King’s Cooking Club will be collecting cans of sweet potatoes to support the Food for Families program with Hunger Task Force. From now until December 5th, you can drop off your sweet potato donations at the bin located at Rufus King High School (room 132!) or find Ms. Schneider.
7. Attention, Attention, Attention. Rufus King PRIDE wants to honor the following students and staff member for showing true Rufus King Generals PRIDE. Freshman: Litzy Sandoval, Sophomore: Donovan Clark, Junior: Chloe Miller, Senior: Robert Neal, and Staff member: Librarian Laura Lewandowski. Congratulations you are a true Risk-taker. You are creative, courageous, and have the ability to be aware and monitor your own learning. Please come down to room 130B before, during lunch or after school to get your picture taken and free t-shirt.
8. Want to support Organ Donation and our fallen General Renee? There will be a dedication girls basketball game in Renee’s honor on December 17th against Oak Creek, you will NOT want to miss it. Purchase a shirt for the game and for support of Renee and Organ donation for 15.00. Stop outside room 104 for an order form!
9. READY Club will be meeting after school this Wed. in room 204. READY Club members it is important you show up for this meeting on WED. in rm. 204
10. Generals, Wednesday is your last day to sign up for the Fall Blood drive that is going to be this Friday. Generals, we still have a few spots left for you to sign up. Turn your completed forms in to room 127 or room 204 by Wed. The Red Cross put out an urgent message pleading for Blood Donations, so we need all able body Students 16 and older to give the gift of life and donate Blood on Friday. Come on Generals don’t let our community down, be a hero DONATE BLOOD!!!!!!!!
11. Please send a huge congratulations to Lily Zippel who made State in her 200 I.M. on Saturday at the Waukesha South Girls Swim Sectional! Way to go, Lily! Congratulations also go to swimmers Elsa Berner, Bella Rock, Celia Bender, Grace Ohlendorf, and Maggie Thompson for fantastic swims! Way to go Lady Generals!