1. October’s college visits are Illinois Institute of Tech., Franklin University Switzerland, and Swarthmore College all on the 17th. Stop by the Guidance office to sign up.
2. Attention NHS Members: Make plans to attend our next general meeting – Wednesday October 16th – in room 327. The meeting will start at 2:50pm. Scholarship is our focus for the October meeting. Ms. Latrice Harris-Collins, a representative from Marquette University will be our guest speaker. Have a Positive Day Rufus King, Mr. Wagner
3. Good Morning Generals: Students interested in becoming a Youth Apprentice and who are 16 years of age or older AND interested in learning about work readiness skills are invited to attend a work readiness session on Tuesday, November 12, 2019 from 9:00am-11:00am in the Library. Interested students, must sign up with Ms. Johnson-Walker in the College and Career Center (Rm. 2) during their lunch period.
4. Attention juniors and seniors, IB Test Registration forms and payment are due to Mr. Gatewood by the end of the day Wednesday, October 16th. Mr. Gatewood will collect registration forms and fees in his office in the library. Avoid the potentially long lines and get those registration forms and payments in as soon as possible. Once again, the deadline for IB Test Registration forms and payments is Wednesday, October 16th. Thank you.
5. There are still spots left on the Australia/Fiji trip for summer of 2020! Please see Mrs. A in room 104 if you are interested! Thanks, Mrs. A!
6. Sophomores and Juniors who are taking the PSAT must arrive promptly at 7:25 for testing. Remember juniors who are testing will meet in the gym while sophomores meet in room 327. If you have any further testing questions, please see Mrs. Woods in room 227B located in the library.
7. The first official meeting of the Rufus King Racers is this Wednesday, October 16th, after school in room 109. If you took an application, bring it to the meeting Wednesday. We will solidify the team and assign roles. Gotta be there to be on the team!!! See you Wednesday at 2:55pm in 109.
8. READY Club will be having a VERY important meeting after school, this Wed. in Rm. 204. A representative from the American Red Cross will be here to talk about the fall Blood Drive. It is important for anyone who would like to join READY Club, or is already in READY Club, to come and hear this presentation. Again, READY Club has an important mtg. on Wed. after school in Rm. 204.
9. Good morning!! Are you interested in studying abroad? Or are you a foreign exchange student at King who would like to get to know other students and do fun activities? Or are you a King student who would like get to know the foreign exchange students here at King? If you answer YES to any of these questions, come to room number 324 this Thursday from 3-4:15pm!! Come get some ice cream and make international friends!!