1. King parents, please help with the Silver Platter Ceremony for our full IB seniors by donating baked goods until Thursday of this week. Please have your child take the baked good donation to the main office and turn it in to Ms. Davis or Ms. Carter. Thank you in advance for your donation. Silver Platter is on Thursday, April 11th at 6pm.
2. Wisconsin United in Love will meet this Thursday to respond to racist graffiti that has been found in one of our classrooms. Whether you were in the photograph that went viral or you’ve never attended a meeting, all members of the Rufus King community are welcome to attend. We will gather in Room 308 at 3:00 p.m. Please see Ms. O’KB with any questions or concerns.
3. All Seniors to plan to attend UWM in the Fall, PLEASE return your permission slip for the GO Milwaukee! Event by THIS FRIDAY to Ms. R in the CACC (Room 2). NO LATE PERMISSION SLIPS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
4. If you’re not planning on returning to school after prom please return all textbooks to the textbook office as soon as possible. Remember that this is a graduation requirement. If your books are not returned you will not be able to participate in the graduation ceremony. Please return all textbooks before graduation. Thank you Ms. Robinson!!
5. If you are attending the UW Oshkosh trip tomorrow please meet in the main foyer at 7:30 am. There will not be an announcement so please remember.
6. Students in need of volunteer hours – Nichols got the medicine for that sickness. MPS needs volunteers for the Special Olympics Soccer Tournament this Sunday at South Stadium. See Nichols for details on how to be help, and you’ll get one free history lesson on how the Special Olympics was founded! Supplies limited – get to the Athletic Office fast!
7. #Wisconsin United in Love will meet tonight after school to address racist graffiti that was recently found in our school. Join the conversation! Be an upstander not a bystander! We will gather in Room 308; come when you can and leave when you have to. All members of the Rufus King community are welcome. See Ms. O’KB with any questions or concerns you might have.
8. Attention Service as Action Freshman and Sophomores. New volunteer activities have come in. Finish your hours during Spring Break. Freshman need a total of 20 hours completed by May 17th. Sophomore MYP Completion Candidates need a total of 40 hours completed by May 10th. Pick up some flyers in the library today. Ms. Thompson, MYP Coordinator
9. There will be a brief football meeting regarding spring and summer activities after school today in room 101. If you cannot attend, please see coach Wozniak during school.