1. Attention NHS Members: Make plans to attend our next general meeting: Wednesday April 10th in room 327. The meeting will start at 3:05. Topics: New member information / Officer election information / Service hours. Have a positive day Rufus King, Mr. Wagner
2. Hello Rufus King Generals! On Wednesday, April 10th there will be a banquet for the boys freshman and JV basketball team. It starts at 5:30pm. I will see you all on Wednesday.
3. King parents, please help with the Silver Platter Ceremony for our full IB seniors by donating baked goods until Thursday of this week. Please have your child take the baked good donation to the main office and turn it in to Ms. Davis or Ms. Carter. Thank you in advance for your donation. Silver Platter is on Thursday, April 11th at 6pm.
4. Tuesday, April 9th and Wednesday, April 10th Link Crew will host informational meetings on how to apply to be a Link Crew leader. You must attend ONE of these meetings in order to apply. We will meet in the Rufus King auditorium from 3:00-3:30 p.m. Please see Ms. O’KB or Machut with any questions.
5. Wisconsin United in Love will meet this Thursday to respond to racist graffiti that has been found in one of our classrooms. Whether you were in the photograph that went viral or you’ve never attended a meeting, all members of the Rufus King community are welcome to attend. We will gather in Room 308 at 3:00 p.m. Please see Ms. O’KB with any questions or concerns.
6. Seniors, Seniors, Seniors, are you listening Seniors. This is a reminder that Senior Fees will increase, again, on May 1st. If you have not paid your student fees yet, there are just a few days left in April to do so. Again, Senior fees will increase on May 1st. Fees can be paid in the Main Office, or in Rm. 205 before or after school only. A few Seniors have NOT picked up their Graduation Cap and Gown yet either. I you have NOT picked up your Graduation Cap and Gown yet, you can also pick those up in Rm. 205, before or after school.
7. Attention BSU members, there will be a mandatory BSU meeting Wednesday afterschool in room 118. Please be prompt. Thank you BSU officers
8. All Seniors to plan to attend UWM in the Fall, PLEASE return your permission slip for the GO Milwaukee! Event by THIS FRIDAY to Ms. R in the CACC (Room 2). NO LATE PERMISSION SLIPS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
9. The varsity girls’ softball team defeated Riverside 15-5. Zoe Gonzeles was the winning pitcher. Anna Jurena lead the hitting attack with 3 hits and a home run. Adi Reyna also added a home run. Rachel Sepulveda collected 2 hits while Jayne Kilander and Elizabeth Myer scored twice. The Lady Generals are now 9-2.
10. Some of Rufus King’s wrestling Generals have been hitting the mat hard during the offseason! At the Franklin Showdown Wrestling Tournament, Jaden Smith fought for a bronze medal finish, and Taurean Galloway earned 2nd place. Jaden Smith continues to earn respect and expertise through refereeing matches, as well. Fight fair, ya’ll, or answer to Jaden! Awesome job, wrestlers!
11. If you’re not planning on returning to school after prom please return all textbooks to the textbook office as soon as possible. Remember that this is a graduation requirement. If your books are not returned you will not be able to participate in the graduation ceremony. Please return all textbooks before graduation. Thank you Ms. Robinson!!