1. Attention Junior Girls, If you are interested in participating in the 46th Annual Pauline Redmond Coggs Foundation Debutante Cotillion, see Ms. Carrington for an application. Applications are due April 26.
2. The Spring Play, The Frogs: A Modern Adaptation, is THIS weekend! The students have been working hard on this hilarious comedy for months! Come see the performances Friday, March 22nd at 7:30 and Saturday, March 23rd at 2:30 and 7:30. See Ms. Fig in room 104 for tickets!
3. Students remember promposals must be approved by administration before they can happen and they cannot take place in the cafeteria or in the halls. They must take place before or after school.
4. Seniors who are on work release must have a pink evaluation completed by his/her employer no later than 4-12. Failure to do so can affect you receiving your credit. See Mr. Fink with questions.
5. Listen up all SENIOR FULL DIPLOMA STUDENTS!! CAS is due this Thursday, March 21st! All activities, evidence, self-initiated projects, and reflections must be uploaded to Managebac. You must complete your face-to-face exit interview with your adviser by Thursday! If any component of CAS is not completed by Thursday, you will be dropped from the full diploma program. You are almost done! Finish strong! Please see Ms. Dempsey in room #332 with any questions. Gracias!
6. Attention Students running for prom court: Please remember students are no longer allowed to pass out food or free items to other students to persuade votes. Students can also not disrupt hallways, classrooms or cafeteria activities to campaign. If you violate these terms, you will be taken off the ballot. Thank you!
7. Juniors – There is a meeting for juniors and your parents this Thursday, March 21st from 6-8 pm regarding the process of college admissions. There will be representatives from state and private schools here to present. Please plan on attending.
8. Friday morning, the Rufus King community will commemorate Yom Ha Shoah, also known as Holocaust Remembrance, by wearing paper clips attached to our shirt collars in memory of the resistors who fought back against Nazism and all forms of hate. Wear your paper clip and show that you stand with Jews, Muslims, and anyone who is targeted for their identity. Paper clips and anti racist badges will be available throughout the first floor Friday morning before school. Please see Ms. O’KB in Room 308 with any questions or concerns.
9. Attention Rufus King Students! Student Government is hosting our first ever movie night on saturday march 30th. Some of the movies we will be showing are Creed, Halloween, Get Out, Moana and more. Tickets will be on sale next week during your lunch hour for $5. Food will be provided!