1. Here is your Black History Month Fact for the day: Did you know: on this day in 1923, the first black professional basketball team, “The Renaissance,” was organized. This fact has been brought to you by your Rufus King BSU.
2. Hello! Students that attended the Youth Apprentice/Work Readiness Session on Thursday, November 8, 2018 are cordially invited to attend the 2019 MPS Student Job Fair on Wednesday, March 13th. RKHS students will leave RKHS for the fair at 11:55am and return at 2:00pm. If you would like to attend the fair, please pick up and return your permission slip to Ms. R in the College and Career Center (Room 2) immediately. Other interested Juniors or Seniors, please see Mrs. McClain for additional information.
3. ACT Math Tips:
- Pay attention to diagrams – they will give you clues about which answer choices are the most logical.
- Plug in answers and numbers – plug each answer choice back into the original equation and see which one works
4. Attention softball players, your fundraiser deliveries will be at King in the cafeteria on Wednesday, February 13th, after school. Thanks, Coach OKB
5. Attention, Attention, Attention. Rufus King wants to honor the following students and staff member for being true Rufus King Generals. Staff member: Aaron Knueppel, Senior: Cameron Brown, Junior: Cedric Banks, Sophomore: Charles Lens, Freshman: Jeanice Ford and Noah Kleimerman. Congratulations you are truly Rufus King Generals Inquirers. Please come down to room 130B before, during lunch or afterschool to get your picture taken and free t-shirt.
6. Students, If you did not take the Youth Risk Survey last week, please see Ms. Mikell in the counseling office asap. This information is extremely important to our school and we need all students to take the survey.
7. Attention – NHS Members, Full Diploma Students and staff members: The yearbook group photos will be taken Friday February 15th at the end of 6th period in the auditorium. Students will be asked to leave their 6th period class at 1:25. NHS members must wear their Blue NHS polo shirt. Have a positive day Rufus King, Mr. Wagner
8. Last weekend, your wrestling Generals fought their way through the Regionals tournament, and produced 5 qualifiers for Sectionals. Earning 2nd place seeds were wrestlers TJ Neal, Magnus Isaacson, Jayden Smith, and Taurean Galloway, and taking 4th place was Elisha Powell. On Saturday, at Milwaukee Lutheran, they will fight their way through Sectionals to earn a spot at State. Good luck, wrestling Generals!