1. Here is your Black History Month Fact for the day: Did you know: on this day, in 1990, Nelson Mandela, an anti-apartheid, revolutionary leader, was released from a South African prison after being detained for 27 years as a political prisoner. He served as President of South Africa from 1994 to 1999.This fact has been brought to you by your Rufus King BSU.
2. Hello! Students that attended the Youth Apprentice/Work Readiness Session on Thursday, November 8, 2018 are cordially invited to attend the 2019 MPS Student Job Fair on Wednesday, March 13th. RKHS students will leave RKHS for the fair at 11:55am and return at 2:00pm. If you would like to attend the fair, please pick up and return your permission slip to Ms. R in the College and Career Center (Room 2) immediately. Other interested Juniors or Seniors, please see Mrs. McClain for additional information.
3. Stop in the library today to pick up your permission slip to attend the Personal Project meetup on Thursday, February 14th during hour 3 in Room 327. Again, students completing Personal Project must stop in the library today to pick up your permission slip for the Personal Project meetup.
4. Have a valentine?? Buy them a candygram Tuesday the 12th or Wednesday the 13th during all lunch hours. They’ll be delivered on Valentines Day during 1st hour. Support Best Buddies!!’
5. To all juniors, please be present on tomorrow, Tuesday, Feb. 12th. Your attendance is needed during 6th and 7th hr to complete your ACT paperwork. This paperwork must be completed for you to take the test next Wednesday, Feb. 20th.
6. Attention Personal Project Sophomores. We will be having a meet-up on Feb. 14th to help you with your Academic Honesty meetings. Please stop in the library to pick up your in-house field trip permission slip for this mandatory part of Personal Project. Ms. Thompson, MYP Coordinator
7. Model UN will be meeting TONIGHT in rm. 205. All Model UN participants it is important you check in and get some added information for the upcoming Model UN state convention. Again Model UN is meeting TODAY after school in Rm. 205.
8. READY Club will be meeting on Wed. 2/13 in Rm. 205, READY Club members it is important for ALL of you to show up at this mtg. The group picture for the Yearbook will be taken at this mtg.. READY Club Wed. after school on Rm. 205.
9. Attention softball players. There will be open gym tonight from 7 pm to 9 pm. Thanks, Coach OKB
10. Attention softball players, your fundraiser deliveries will be at King in the cafeteria on Wednesday, February 13th, after school. Thanks, Coach OKB