1. Here is your Black History Month Fact for the day: Did you know: In 1904, Mary McLeod Bethune began a school for young African American girls in Daytona, Florida. That school would eventually flourish and merge with a boys’ school to become Bethune-Cookman University. This fact has been brought to you by your Rufus King BSU.
2. Friday, February 8th is Old School Night at the Boys Basketball Game. Tickets will be on sale for the 1984 price of $2. Warm up music will be brought to you by Rick James! Break dance competition at halftime! Whoever is in the best 80s gear will win a PROM TICKET! Get your leggings and your jumps suits ready for 80s night.
3. There will be an informational meeting for any boy interested in playing tennis this spring tomorrow in Room 225 at 3pm. If you have any questions, please see Coach Smith.
4. Greetings Rufus King, You are invited to a Wisconsin United in Love meeting this week in Room 308. We will be organizing our participation in the National Black Lives Matter in schools and we would love to see you there! We will meet in Room 308 from 3:00-4:00 p.m. All members of the King community are welcome to attend. See Ms. O’KB with any questions or concerns.
5. Freshmen who are interested in attending a field trip to Marquette on February 11th to participate in hands on activities related to different health care careers should pick up a field trip packet from Ms. Williams in 212 ASAP. The packets are due to Ms. Williams by Friday. There are only 20 seats available, so hurry!
6. Spread the Love this Valentines Day!. Key Club is selling carnations this week during all lunch periods for $2. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOUR FRIEND’S FIRST HOUR CLASS. Show your friends how much you care!
7. Listen up all full diploma seniors! CAS is due on Thursday, March 21st. Make sure you are uploading activities, reflections, and evidence to Managebac regularly. By now you should have started or completed your self-initiated project. Face-to-face exit interviews must happen with advisors BEFORE the due date. Any student who fails to complete any part of CAS will lose their full diploma so please be proactive and see Ms. Dempsey in room 332 with any questions or concerns. Gracias!
8. Attention Students! BSU would like to thank all students who auditioned for the 2019 Black History Program. We ask that everyone who auditioned please plan to attend today’s rehearsal after-school in room #104 from 3-4pm. Thank you to all those students who came out to showcase their talents and skills.