1. The informational meeting for the Australia and Fiji trip has been changed to Thursday December 13th! If you are interested in more information on this trip of a lifetime please grab a flyer from Mrs. A in the little theatre.
2. It’s that time of year again, The Pink Basketball games are RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER! Want the 2019 version of the game shirt, grab an order form outside of the little theatre! Also, if you are interested in joining the PINK GAME SQUAD, see Mrs. A to sign up!
3. Rufus King Generals the IB Focus Topic of the week is the Learner Profile Trait- Reflection. Students can assess and understand their strengths and limitations to support learning and personal growth.
4. Attention students: There is no outside food allowed at any sporting event held at King. We value and respect our building so please help maintain our sporting events in a positive light by NOT bringing outside food into our games. Again, you will not be allowed into any game if you bring in outside food. This applies to students and visitors as well.
5. Attention students: All students will be taking new pictures for their school ID beginning Tuesday, December 4th thru December 14th. Be advised that you cannot wear Hats, Durags, Head Scarfs at all when taking your photo. Students make sure you are presentable for your photograph, there are no retakes or makeups and you will be asked to remove any head wear the day you are scheduled to take your school ID. Again, photos start Tuesday December 4th-BE READY!
6. Attention, Attention, Attention. Thank you to all the staff who nominated students for our Generals Award. Rufus King wants to honor the following students and staff member for being true Rufus King Generals. Senior: Vicente Frias, Junior: Jayden Smith, Sophomore: Lizbeth Lopez, Freshman: Matthew Moore, and Staff members: Erika Ashford and Veronica Thompson. Congratulations you are a Risk-taker. You have demonstrated personal reflection. You are creative, courageous, and focused on your learning. Please come down to room 130B before, during lunch or afterschool to get your picture taken and free t-shirt.
7. Attention Service as Action Freshman and Sophomores. 4 new volunteer opportunities have just come in. Pick up some flyers today in the library.
8. Attention freshman. Your service as action permission slip is due by this week Friday. Turn in your completed permission slips in the library.
9. There are quite a few book bags, books, and clothing items in the lost and found in the attendance office. If they are not claimed by Friday, they will be donated.
10. The Forensics/Speech meeting after school is cancelled today. See everyone next week monday and wednesday! Thanks, Mrs. A