- 1. This is a reminder that auditions for the spring play, The Interference are after school today and Thursday. See Ms. Fig for more information.
- 2. Attention NHS Members: Make plans to attend our next (very short) general meeting: Thursday January 18th in room 327. Topic: “Water Challenge: 2018” – An International Project for an International School! Have a positive day Rufus King, Mr. Wagner
- 3. Full diploma SENIORS!! All CAS requirements are due on Thursday, March 15th! All CAS activities must be uploaded to Managebac with in-depth reflections and 10 pieces of evidence. You should be well on your way to completing your self-initiated projects. When everything is uploaded to Managebac, a face-to-face exit interview is required with your advisor. Touch base with your advisor NOW about your progress and keep an open dialogue going in these next weeks. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Dempsey in room 332. Thank you!
- 4. Attention all varsity and JV softball players. The softball meeting will be Thursday, January 18th, after school in the cafeteria. Any questions, see Coach O’Keefe-Boettcher in room 224.
- 5. Attention Sophomores! If you are planning on going full IB, please remember that it is required that you and your parents attend one of the informational meetings this week. The meetings will be held at 6pm in the auditorium on Wednesday and Thursday of this week. Attendance is necessary in order to provide you with information about the IB Full Diploma curriculum and collect necessary signatures and distribute forms related to the IB Diploma Program. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mr. Gatewood – Thank you.
- 6. All girls interested in playing soccer should come to the soccer organizational meeting after school January 17 in room 309. We need to go over clearance paperwork, warm ups and scheduling. See you there.
- 7. Clay Design Students from first semester. Stop by room 119 to claim your clay pieces by the end of the week or Mr. Graf will sell them ebay for lunch money. Thank you.
- 8. Attention Rufus King Students. We are looking for Chess players to join our team. Please stop by room 320 after school on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s to learn chess or to dominate in this ancient game of war. Thank you.
- 9. Attention Rufus King Students. Do you like story telling? Acting? Poetry? Performing? Join Speech and refine your skills in speaking and presenting. Empower your future – Join Speech! Practices are Monday through Friday in the little theatre!! Thank you.
- 10. There will be ASL club tonight after school in room 204! See you then!
- 11. Seniors dominated the penny war before break with a total of $16.35, Juniors came in second with a total of $4.20, and freshman came in last with negative $2.39. The seniors may have won this battle, but the penny wars have just begun! Let’s see if they can be beat next month! Your PRIDE committee
- 12. It is ACT time! King Students get ready, get ready, get ready. Each week we will countdown the days until the big day and give an ACT question of the week to submit your correct answer to enter your name for the weekly raffle of great gifts. Please submit your answers for the Question of the week to Mrs. Ashford in RM 227B for the raffle. Today we have 32 days until ACT test.
Math Question of the Week is as follows:
Joan buys a CD at 25% off. Mary buys the same CD at full price. If Mary paid four dollars more than Joan, what is the regular price of the CD?
Which is the correct answer? Submit to Mrs. Ashford RM 227B for the raffle.