- This is today’s mindfulness moment. Be mindful today that “Everything that has a beginning has an ending. Make your peace with that and all will be well.” – Jack Kornfield
- Students there is absolutely no selling of snacks and food during the school day. If you are caught selling all items will be taken and you will not get them back.
- Snap Poet! Are you interested in Spoken Word? Do you write? Do you read? Do you rhyme? If so, meet in room 307 after school every Tuesday to be a part of King’s poetry slam team.
- If the ministry is interfering at Hogwarts while evil forces gather outside of the school, you join Dumbledore’s army. If you care about the pressing social issues from systematic oppression to environmental justice, fight them with inspiration from your favorite stories and join the Rufus Kingsley Harry Potter Alliance. Whether you’re really into Harry Potter, Star Wars, Leslie Knope, or Night Vale, the Rufus Kingsley HPA can use your passion for helping others to create real change in our community. On Tuesday, August 29th, come to room 132 at 3:00 for more information, snacks, and games…and in the meantime, don’t let the muggles get you down, King.
- Stop in 212 to sign up to meet with college/university representatives. September Dates: University of Chicago 9-7, University of California 9/11, Alverno College 9/11, Williams College-MA 9/12, Carleton College-MN 9/12, Mt. Mary University 9/14, Pomona College-CA 9/15, Lewis University-IL 9/18, Mt Holyoke College-MA 9/19, Darthmouth College-NH 9/20, Bard College-NY 9/28
- Greetings Rufus King,Friends of Islam and Jew Crew are welcoming new members to our Faith in Motion activism Tuesday, August 29th. We will meet in Room 308 from 3:00-4:00 p.m. All members of the Rufus King community are welcome to attend. See Ms. O’KB with any questions or concerns.
- There are volunteer opportunities available for students ages 14 and older at the Habitat for Humanity ReStores for high school students. They have open positions for volunteer cashiers, donation center ambassadors, store organizer/decorators and metal recyclers. Stop by the library for an informational flyer.
- Attention, Attention! Black Student Union is back and better than ever! Come be apart of the new and improved version of us. Want to have a safe space to vent about inequalities or all things racial? Want to earn CAS or community service hours quickly? This is the place for you. Our first meeting will be August 31st in room 327 directly at 3:00. Thank you from your BSU officers
- Congrats to the Boys and Girls Cross Country teams for OUTSTANDING performances in the 27 team Milwaukee River Invite!
The Girls finished 2nd in the team competition, defeating teams from Homestead, Shorewood, Tosa East, Brookfield East and Deforest, among many others. Ridiculo Frosh Aitza (I-eat-za) finished 3rd overall! Hannah also ran superb to finish 6th. Katia, Natalie and Maggie all medaled for the Lady Generals. Wow!
The Boys team started their season 7th out of 27 invited teams and exceeded expectations. Newly minted varsity runners Marques, James, and Desharr ran really well. Graham was superb, and Louis, Aidan and Ellery all medaled on a beautiful day at Lincoln Park. Well done Generals!
- The Girls Golf team turned in a nice performance yesterday at the New Berlin Invitational. Leading the way for the Generals were led by Elle Davidson, Allyssa Ponto, Morgan Coleman, and Ellana Debrauske and Cecelia O’Neil.
- King Ambassadors are the official student representatives for the school. Their purpose is to promote and serve as student hosts and hostesses at a variety of school and community events. The Ambassadors provide tours for prospective students, families, and other distinguished guests. Their main objective is to assist the counseling department or designee in activities to meet and serve school needs, give tours, and to represent King in a positive manner for upcoming events.Please pick up an application in 212 if you are interested!
- Attention attention! Latinos Unidos members, we will be meeting this Tuesday, August 29th in room 325 right after school. Be prepared to discuss the Hispanic Heritage Program. See you there!
- 9th and 10th grade Generals, PSAT will be here before you know it! Less than 2 months away. If you would like study materials that includes a practice test AND scholarship opportunities and information please see Ms. Haney in the library. Supplies are limited.
- Attention IB learners, please practice the IB attribute of reflection and be mindful that hoodies are not to be worn in school. You will be told to remove them if you are seen wearing them.