Viva Las Vegas! Viva Las Vegas! Viva Las Vegaaaaaas! That’s right prom is one month away and ticket sales will begin this month on Monday, March 27th. You can purchase your prom ticket for $65 during your lunch hour in Mr. Nichols’s office from March 27th – April 7th. Don’t delay, there are only 325 tickets available. When they’re gone – they’re gone! See you at the prom Mrs. Dreyer and Mr. Nichols.
2. Do you like March Madness? Do you want the possibility of going to Prom at the inappropriately low price of $5? Well, I have the thing for you. Enter our Rufus King Bracket Challenge and win a prom ticket. Here’s how it works: go to Room 414 to see Mr. Schaefer, pay $5, he will get you entered in our bracket challenge, predict all the NCAA tournament games and follow your picks all the way to the Championship game on April 3. If your bracket scores the most points, you win a prom ticket. HOLY CATS is that exciting! Bracket sign up will be done Monday, March 13 through Wednesday March 15. Watch all of the exciting college basketball action with some extra interest, while supporting Rufus King athletics!
3. Dance battles! Swordfights! Dragons! Flannel? Tickets are now on sale for the spring play, She Kills Monsters. The play will be held Friday, March 24th at 7:30pm and Saturday, March 25th at 2:30pm and 7:30pm. Tickets are $3 for staff and students and $6 for adults. See Ms. Fig in room 104 to buy your tickets today!
4. Sophomores completing Personal Project…you’re not quite done yet! Your FINAL reflection report is due on Managebac by next Tuesday, March 21st. Need help? Contact your advisor or drop by room 302 on Monday for help. Also, please grab your completed projects from room 327 after school!
5. Do you think you have talent? Everyone with that special talent is invited to dust off their hip hop shoes, tune up their instruments, or warm up their voices for any THREE IN A HALF minute auditions on March 18th 2017 Stop by the Main office to pickup a flyer.
6. The Rufus King International School Science National Honor Society was established in 2007 with the intent of recognizing those who have given of themselves and their time to science at Rufus King. To be eligible for the society, applicants must have accomplished the following:
Must maintain a 3.5 average or better in all science classes.
Must maintain a 3.25 cumulative GPA.
Must have taken Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
Must have the recommendation of a science teacher.
If you meet these criteria, please pick up an application form in Mr. Lund’s room,
126. The completed application is due by Monday, March 27.