Announcements for Wednesday, May 14th
1. We’re back ladies and gentlemen! The cast of 4 Guys, 1 Mic bring you their new comedy special SoundCheck. May 16th At Comedy Sportz Milwaukee. It will be an exciting evening of laughs, fun, and some surprises. make sure you save the date. May 16th 4 Guys, 1 Mic present SoundCheck. If you have any questions please see Keenan Gibson, Andres Kilwein, Mitchell Charles, Miguel Browne, or Jonah Ness. Thank You!
2. Attention all 10th graders~ This Wednesday, during the lunch hours in the cafeteria the counselors will be distributing the cards for those of you that have earned exemptions by testing advanced or proficient on the WKCE. Please attach these to your other exemption card and ask the teacher to sign behind the classes you wish to exempt for finals. The exemptions earned through the WKCE are in addition to possibly two other exemptions in classes that you have met the board approved guidelines in.
3. SENIORS, SENIORS, SENIORS you need you to listen for a second here. You MUST turn in your books THIS week to the Library, preferably during lunch, or when you have a free period. Graduation Tickets will NOT be issued to you unless ALL books are turned in and ALL financial obligations are taken care of. Graduation Tickets, along with your Yearbook, will be distributed this Friday afternoon at the Ice Cream Social starting at 1:00. Extra Tickets can be purchased then too, at $5.00 per ticket with a maximum of 10 Extra tickets allowed.
4. Listen up Generals! We are proud to announce the final installment of Student and Staff of the month. This month’s winners displayed Emotional, Physical, and Intellectual Balance and show that they really Care for others. Winners should see Ms. LaPlante to get their T-shirt and have their picture taken. The winners are… Julia Lopez, 9th, Tanner Carus, 10th, Traquon Moore, 11th, and Heidi Her, 12th. And our staff winner is Mr. Graf! We are proud of all of you this year for showing what it means to be a Rufus King General and to show your PRIDE in yourselves and our school. Thank you
5. Yesterday the Boys’ Varsity tennis team defeated Riverside 7 to 0. Winning for the Generals were Mason Her at # 1 singles, Sebastian Kelnhofer-Maldonado at #2 singles, David Stone at # 3 singles, Charles Beauchamp at # 4 singles, Stephen Guma and Peter Xiong at # 1 doubles, Dante Nash and Shileek Xiong at # 2 doubles, and Matt Lovang and Xiayang Xiong at # 3 doubles. The Boys play again today after school at Menomonee Falls.
6. Hello Generals! Just a reminder to give a message on our new support board in the cafeteria today! Let’s show our support
7. Any girl interested in playing tennis next fall, there will be an informational meeting on Monday right after school in Room 225. If you have any questions, please see Coach Smith in room 225.
8. Attention Spanish Honor Society members. Want to get a jump start on your creditos? Sign up to see the Don (Don is pronounced with a long O like phone) Quixote (Key-hoe-tay) Ballet, showings are at 2 or 4 pm on May 31st. You need to register for this event as seating is limited. The cost is $5, see Senora Mayer in room 321 for details, payment and registration. I will take money and registrations through May 23.
9. The varsity girls’ softball team defeated Bay View 15-0. Kali Norton was the winning pitcher. Katie Wasielewski had 2 hits and a home run. Jackie Johnson, Katie Sovey, Angie Mitten, and Amber Heun also collected 2 hits each. The Lady Generals are now 20-0.