Announcements for Thursday, February 21st
1. Juniors and Seniors!!! Are you looking for an opportunity to earn a little cash this summer while learning some new skills? If you answered yes to this question then you need to apply for Mayor Tom Barrett’s Summer Youth Internship program. See your guidance counselor for more information.
2. Attention Spanish Honor Society members. This Thursday we will be selling Nachos at Parent teacher conferences. This is an excellent opportunity to obtain a credito. Please see Mrs. Mayer or Owen to sign up to work or donate to the Nacho sales. This is one of the last chances for cord credit. Gracias. Mrs. Mayer
3. Class of 2015 t-shirts and hoodies are on sale now until February 28th! T-shirts $10/hoodies $35. You can add a name for an extra $5! Pick up your order forms from Ms. Bond in room 310! Thank you for helping your sophomore class!
4. Last Saturday your wrestling Generals competed in the Sectional Tournament at Oconomowoc. The wrestling team had EIGHT wrestlers qualify for sectionals! Through several tough matches, senior Cherif Sow and sophomore Linzy Hudson both ended up just ONE match away from going to STATE! The road ends for wrestling this season, but the team has gotten much farther than they have in many years. Congratulations wrestling generals!
5. Wish your creativity could be worn everywhere? Well, now it can! the class of 2016 is having a design contest for hoodies and long sleeve shirts. Submit your designs to Gaby M, Saja, Da janae or Ayanna by March 4th. Can’t wait to see your designs! Your class of 2016 officers.
6. All Spring Athletes need to turn their clearnence forms into the Athletic Office by March 1st in order to be eligible the first day of practice. The cost to participate is $20. Not sure about participating – come talk with Mr. Nichols in Room 14 during your lunch hour. If forms are turned in after March 1st, there will be a $5 late fee assessed.
7. Prom Committee – Prom Committee – Prom Committee – We are meeting on Tuesday February 26th after school in the Athletic Office. We need to decide on a bunch of things – plan on being here until 4:30. Also – Juniors and Seniors – we need help with the prom theme – vote in your lunch hour today to decide this year’s prom theme.
8. Do you like free stuff? Could a fifty dollar Foot Locker gift card come in handy? Are you craving those buffalo wings from BW3’s? Would a white chocolate mocha frappe come in handy? Well come support our Boy’s Basketball team as they take on Brookfield East at their play off opener on Friday @ 7pm. This will be a home game so make sure you’re there! You can get tickets at the door.
9. Congratulations to the King slam team who took 2nd place at last nights competition with High School of the Arts, Milwaukee School of Languages and Washington High School. Deshawn McKinney, Pfanique Hill, Ammon Lyle, and Taelore Pollard represented King’s Slam team proudly. Our next event is March 2nd, the State Finals where Pfanique Hill and Deshawn McKinney will compete to be on the State slam team. The state team will perform at the international Brave New Voices competition in the summer. Thanks to all who supported the slam!
10. Black History Program rehearsal will be this Friday 10-2, Saturday 10-2, and Monday 10-2. Attendance is mandatory for those participating in the program. Mr.Haslett, Mrs.Aleem