Announcements for Wednesday, February 20th
1. Hey! Hi! Hello! This is a message from your school’s Gay Straight Alliance welcoming everyone to join us in our game of Just Dance! The meeting will be held after school Wednesday February 20th in room 306. Join the party before it ends at 4!
2. Peers with Influence please turn your permission slips in to Ms. Boeck today!
3. INTERNSHIP INTERNSHIP INTERNSHIP: ARE YOU INTERESTED IN BUSINESS? ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A SUMMER PAID INTERNSHIP IN BUSINESS OR ACCOUNTING? DO YOU WANT TO HAVE A PRE-COLLEGE EXPERIENCE IN BUSINESS? THEN BE AT ROOM 318, ON WEDNESDAY, FEB 20, AT 3:00PM TO LEARN MORE. QUESTIONS: CONTACT MS. SAUVE IN RM 318.
4. Juniors and Seniors!!! Are you looking for an opportunity to earn a little cash this summer while learning some new skills? If you answered yes to this question then you need to apply for Mayor Tom Barrett’s Summer Youth Internship program. See your guidance counselor for more information.
5. Do you want to be inspired? Do like the power of language? The Writer’s Club is hosting their annual spoken word slam competition on Wed. after school from 4:30-6pm in the auditorium. Come hear some amazing poetry performances from High School of the Arts, Milwaukee School of Languages, Reagan, and of course, your Rufus King Slam team. It’s Free!
6. Attention Spanish Honor Society members. This Thursday we will be selling Nachos at Parent teacher conferences. This is an excellent opportunity to obtain a credito. Please see Mrs. Mayer or Owen to sign up to work or donate to the Nacho sales. This is one of the last chances for cord credit. Gracias. Mrs. Mayer
7. Class of 2015 t-shirts and hoodies are on sale now until February 28th! T-shirts $10/hoodies $35. You can add a name for an extra $5! Pick up your order forms from Ms. Bond in room 310! Thank you for helping your sophomore class!
8. Last Saturday your wrestling Generals competed in the Sectional Tournament at Oconomowoc. The wrestling team had EIGHT wrestlers qualify for sectionals! Through several tough matches, senior Cherif Sow and sophomore Linzy Hudson both ended up just ONE match away from going to STATE! The road ends for wrestling this season, but the team has gotten much farther than they have in many years. Congratulations wrestling generals!
9. There will be an important yearbook meeting after school today in room 120.
10. Wish your creativity could be worn everywhere? Well, now it can! the class of 2016 is having a design contest for hoodies and long sleeve shirts. Submit your designs to Gaby M, Saja, Da janae or Ayanna by March 4th. Can’t wait to see your designs! Your class of 2016 officers.
11. German Honor Society is selling yummy and delicious baked goods today (Wednesday) in the auditorium foyer. Please come and support us! Thank you! German Honor Society
12. Please join us in congratulating our outstanding young photographers who have received awards in the Photographic Society of America’s Youth Photography Showcase.
Congratulations go to Honorable Mention $50. cash award winners; Moriah Mucha for NEUE HAUS and Greta Zimmermann for OLD CABIN and double $50. winner Liviya David, for SUNSET ON A SUNSET CRUISE and FOR YOUR TEA.
Extra special congratulations to Award of Merit, First Place $100. cash award winners; Liviya David for GHANAIAN BOY and Moriah Mucha for REACH.
This is a juried exhibition and it is an honor just to be included in the exhibition. So congratulations are also in order for Veronica Burbey, Bella Karlas-Romero, and Amy Moy.
Our outstanding young photographers will be honored on Tuesday March 19th in a special ceremony at City Hall.