Welcome to Camp Parkside!
Camp Parkside is a 4-star YoungStar program run through Milwaukee Public Schools Recreation Department. We offer a before and after school program, a K3 pre-school/day care program, as well as a full-time summer camp program. Please scroll down for more information about each of these branches of Camp Parkside, and feel free to contact one of our directors with any questions!
Our Camp Philosophy
The mission of Camp Parkside is to provide a safe, healthy, supervised and recreational environment for children throughout the year. The camp is child-centered and designed to benefit each child emotionally, physically, socially and educationally. Camp Parkside’s staff consists of qualified adults who share the philosophy that all children can learn and that quality developmental recreation experiences help support the educational goals of Milwaukee Public Schools.
General Information About Camp Parkside
- Camp Parkside is designed for the convenience and benefit of the elementary school family by offering quality child care on a daily basis.
- Camp Parkside is open on school days from 6:30am – 6:00pm
- View the Camp Parkside Family Handbook 2018-2019
- When school is closed, camp is usually open (with exceptions of holidays). Cost for these “School’s Out” days is $25/child, with each additional sibling only costing $15/day. Registration and prepayment for these days is required in advance.
- If school is closed for reasons such as bad weather, camp will also close.
- Each child must turn in all registration forms before attending their first day of camp. DOWNLOAD CAMP REGISTRATION FORMS HERE. There is also a $10 registration fee due at that time, as well as prepayment for the first 2 weeks of program.
- Camp during the school year is a prepay system with an hourly rate of $4.50 an hour. Payment for the week is due by the Friday beforehand. Parents are responsible for estimating the amount of hours you will need for the week and making a payment with a director the week before. Unlike most daycares, you only pay for what you use. So, if you prepay for an amount and your child is out sick from school that day, that amount will remain as a credit on your account. The exceptions for this are any no-school days when preregistration is required. Those registration fees are non-refundable. Bills will be emailed to you every Monday, so please make sure we have an email account on file for you. Payments can be submitted in cash or a check made payable to “Camp Parkside.”
- Camp does accept W-2 assistance. You must be approved and pay the registration fee at the time of registration. Camp’s provider number for assistance is 2000563892 and our site number is 074. If you have questions regarding this, please call us at 414.294.1687.
- If you arrive late to pick up your child, a $15 late fee will be assessed for every 15 minute increment after 6:00pm.
- If your child needs medication dispensed, a medical release form must be filled out by the parent/guardian and doctor. If your child has any food allergies, we have a form for you to fill out to keep on hand with the kitchen staff who provide our free meals throughout the year.
Before and After School Care
Camp Parkside offers before school care starting at 6:30 AM. Children will have access to books, games, and other activities until the bell rings at 8:55am for the beginning of the school day. At that time, camp staff will release your child to go outside to join their class and teacher. In the case of bad weather, there will be indoor arrival and children will be dismissed at 8:55am to find their teachers in the auditorium.
After school programing begins at 3:55pm and is open until 6:00pm. We offer a free dinner program immediately after school. After dinner, students will leave with their group for a variety of fun activities. Each day, they will enjoy 30 minutes of a teacher led physical fitness activity and 30 minutes of uninterrupted free choice in the camp room. Additional activities include community gathering time and teacher led activities (such as a project or science experiment which ties into our weekly camp themes). Students also have access to the computer lab and have the opportunity to get started on their homework. Finally, we try to get outside each and every day, so please make sure your child always comes to camp with clothing appropriate for the weather. Thank you!
K3 Pre-School/Day Care
Additional childcare is available for 3 year olds Monday-Friday for an hourly rate of $4.50/hour. All children attending program must be at least 3 years of age and toilet trained. Daily activities include preschool appropriate lessons, activities, playtime, and even some fun field trips! Students will work on learning their letters, as well as writing their first and last names. Students who complete our K3 program are well prepared for entering 4-year old kindergarten the following year. Our K3 program runs from 8:55am until 3:55pm, however, K3 students are welcome to participate in our before and after school care as well (same hourly rate applies). Please send them to camp with a bag lunch, backpack with a change of clothes (just in case), and a small blanket and pillow for nap/quiet time.
Camp Parkside Summer Camp
Information for Camp Parkside Summer 2019 will be available in the spring.
Thank you for taking to time to consider Camp Parkside for your childcare needs!