Barack Obama School of Career & Technical Education K-12 prepares students to successfully transition from one level of schooling to the next, and from school to career in a safe, positive learning environment. We provide our students with research proven educational methods in reading, math, language arts, science and social studies which align with the K-12 academic standards and Grade Level Expectations. The BOSCTE community consists of students, staff, parents, community members and leaders working together to provide a nurturing, responsive, brain compatible educational setting with a focus on health and wellness. Barack Obama School of Career & Technical Education K-12 students are expected to be active participants in their own learning through questioning, investigating, exploring, validating and discussing the world in which they live.
Barack Obama School of Career & Technical Education K-12 believes that:
BOSCTE will be the leading Career and Technical Education K-12 School that has the highest student growth in the Milwaukee Public School District. All staff will be committed to providing an educational environment that is child-centered, supports student achievement and respects diversity. BOSCTE will provide a safe, welcoming, and well-maintained learning environment that will be accessible to all stakeholders. Relevant, rigorous and successful instructional will be implemented in all curricular areas. BOSCTE will collaborate with students, families, community members and business partners for the best interest of the students and families we serve.
- Are able to compete globally
- Develop the capacity to use higher order thinking skills
- Achieve academic achievement at or above grade levels
- Team Oriented
Parents and community members:
- Type: Neighborhood, HeadStart Grades H3 – 12
- Transportation: Call school
- Hours: Grades K-8 – 8:55 a.m. – 3:55 p.m. and Grades 9-12 : 8:40 a.m. – 3:55 p.m.
- Special Programs: PBIS, Tutoring and Special Education Programming. CLC, Project Lead The Way, Robotics, Skills USA, Achieve3000, Language Live, Blended Learning Lab, and E2020.
- Other: After Boys and Girls Club, Student Success Academy Tutoring, Know Thyself, BOSCTE Barbershop, Cosmetology, Drumline, Football, Basketball, Track, Wrestling, Cheerleading, Golf, High School Yearbook and much more!