Staff: In order to view this video while on the MPS network, you will need to visit this link AND login to YouTube (using your MPS Google account) in order to have unrestricted YouTube access. This can be done by logging in near the top right corner of the YouTube landing page. If you have questions on accessing your MPS Google account, please contact Tech Support at 414-438-3400.
Celebrate National Black Lives Matter Week of Action
Join us for this important week of action! Listen, learn, and add your voice to the narrative that will bring about positive change. Please visit tinyurl.com/BLMWeekofAction to register. All events are free and open to the public. Walk-ins are welcome as space permits. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. for all events.
Monday, February 4, 2019 • 6:00–7:30 p.m.
- Examining the Black Lives Matter at School National Demands – Panel Discussion
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. School – 3275 N. 3rd St., Milwaukee, WI 53212
Tuesday, February 5, 2019 • 6:00–8:30 p.m.
- Talking Black in America – Movie Screening and Talk-back
- Wisconsin Black Historical Society & Museum – 2620 W. Center St., Milwaukee, WI 53206
Wednesday, February 6, 2019 • 6:00–7:30 p.m.
- Black Lives Matter Poetry Open Mic Night
- Rufus King International Middle School – 121 E. Hadley St., Milwaukee, WI 53212
Thursday, February 7, 2019 • 6:00–7:30 p.m.
- MTEA Black Caucus Awards Night and Soup Dinner
- United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County – 225 W. Vine St., Milwaukee, WI 53212
Friday, February 8, 2019 • 6:00–7:30 p.m.
- MTEA Black Caucus Black Lives Matter Social
- — Must be 21 or older; Refreshments and food specials available —
- Skybox Sports – 2213 N. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive, Milwaukee, WI 53212