At Neeskara, students are encouraged to participate in a variety of extracurricular activities. The school offers athletic and enrichment opportunities to suit the unique interests of the children. The extracurricular programs at Neeskara are intended to enhance and expand learning. Activities also build student confidence, develop valuable social outlets, hone athletic talents and reinforce key academic skills. For more information on any of the extracurriculars below, please call the school office at (414) 256-8600.
- Student Council — Neeskara’s active Student Council represents all grade levels and plans spirit days and special events throughout the year.
- Mindfulness Program — Neeskara students will have an opportunity to be trained in peaceful conflict resolution strategies with a mentor teacher. Some of our students will also become mentors for their peers this school year. We are excited about this opportunity for Neeskara School students.
- Veterans Administration Hospital — Neeskara student volunteers provide community service at the Veterans Administration Medical Center at Wood, Wisconsin (52nd and National Ave.) monthly.
- Animal Ambassadors — Neeskara students in grade 4 participate in this learning program with the Milwaukee County Zoo. The program takes place during the entire school year, from September through June.
- Urban Ecology Center — Neeskara students participate in three to four field trips each year to the Urban Ecology Center at Washington Park. The program serves as a hands-on learning opportunity for learners to bolster their science skills.
- Boy Scouts and Girls Scouts — The Boy Scout and Girl Scout programs are after-school scouting programs that include Brownies, Junior Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts. Members participate in select learning and social activities.