Welcome Back – July 2021
Dear MSL Families:
It is with great excitement that I write this letter welcoming you to the 2021-2022 school year. We return to full in-person learning!
The last 18 months has been filled with many hardships forcing us to adjust and find new solutions to complex situations. Through it all, our students demonstrated their resilience and grit, as they navigated a new reality, including welcoming us into their homes, virtually. We are forever grateful to you for your trust and partnership in ensuring our students continued to thrive and learn in these conditions. As we begin a new school year, I encourage us to continue to build on our successes and learn from our challenges. Our goal this year is to accelerate learning with a focus on equity and culturally responsive teaching.
Our focus continues to be on four key pillars:
- A rigorous academic program which includes athletics and the arts.
- A premier immersion program
- A school culture predicated on learning, positive sense of self for our students.
- A focus on family and community
Our work will be guided and informed by our beliefs and commitment to:
- Learning: Supporting a learning environment that continuously motivates all individuals to excel and meet their full potential.
- Biliteracy and Multiculturalism: Supporting a diverse school community that leads to the development of students who are language proficient in two or more languages and culturally competent .
- Student voice: Promoting the belief that our students’ leadership is essential and should be listened to and heard in all areas of school life.
- Integrity: Conducting ourselves with honesty and responsibility
- Accountability: Demonstrating a personal and institutional accountability for student learning, ethical conduct, and adherence to mandates, policies, and procedures
- Innovation: Challenging ourselves to create unique ideas and innovative solutions in a technology rich environment
- Respect: Promoting a school community that appreciates the value of students, families, colleagues and cultures
- Service: Dedicating ourselves to delivering excellent service
As Principal, my door is always open and I welcome your input. Please feel free to call or make an appointment to discuss any concerns, suggestions, or ideas to help make this the best year yet!
Yours in Service,
Dr. Juan Baez – Principal