TRANSITION AND DECISION MAKING
A Monthly Conversation for Milwaukee Public Schools (MPS) Families
Learn about supported decision making, legal tools including guardianship and
other options, and agencies that can help with your transition needs for
students with disabilities. Join the conversation and ask questions!
*Interpreter available on request – one week notice required!
Transition and Decision Making is presented by Family Voices of Wisconsin and the Southeast Regional Center for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs and supported by Milwaukee Public Schools.
When: 3rd Thursday of each month, 11:30am – 12:30pm
Oct. 21, Nov. 18, Dec. 16, Jan. 20, Feb. 17, March 17, April 28 (4th Thurs)
To Join: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/87664827788
Meeting ID: 876 6482 7788 / Phone Option: 312-626-6799
Questions: Contact Shawn Gleesing at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will discuss:
▪ What happens (legally) at age 18
▪ Guardianship – the process and consequences for a young adult
▪ Alternative tools like Power of Attorney and Release of Information Forms
▪ Supported Decision Making (SDM) Agreements
▪ And many other topics related to transitioning from high school!