MSL School Supplies List:
Milwaukee School of Languages
Milwaukee School of Languages offers language immersion programs in German, French, Mandarin Chinese and Spanish. MPS elementary language immersion graduates enter our full immersion program in Grade 6. Students (Grade 6) from other schools may apply to our partial Spanish immersion programs. Students continue their second language studies until graduation. This unique program produces advanced levels of foreign language proficiency, translating into advanced standing in college. Art, music and physical education classes are offered at all grade levels as well as other elective classes. Advanced Placement courses are offered in 11 subjects
Welcome to Milwaukee School of Languages for the 2021-22 school year!
Health and Safety Updates:
- Board approved guidance for safe practices will be followed
- Masks will be required while in the building
- When sick, students should remain home
- Physical distancing of 3ft
- Confirmed cases and close contacts will quarantine based on directives from contact tracers based on vaccine status and symptoms
- Positive cases totaling 3% of the school population results in flexible scheduling
- Social distancing, good hygiene practices and PPE Protocols remain in effect, including isolation room (https://youtu.be/tCD7Z5oRvts)
- Vaccines are now available for free for anyone 12+.
- Visit: https://city.milwaukee.gov/CovidVax for more information
There have been some changes made at the district level regarding yellow bus service for city-wide high schools. If your child lives seven miles or more from campus, he/she will be granted transportation via the Milwaukee County Transit system. If your student is affected by this policy change, you should have been made aware through district correspondence. I am looking to receive more specific information regarding this policy update from the district. Families impacted will receive notification of any updates communicated to me regarding this process.
Families who qualify for Yellow Bus transportation will have route information mailed to you directly from the Milwaukee Public Schools District Office. Yellow bus transportation is provided to high school students who live in the city of Milwaukee, more than two-miles from MSL and less than seven miles. Appeals for transportation can be made, but will not be reviewed until October 2021.
If you plan to provide your own transportation for your child during the school year, please see Drop-off and Pick-up procedures.
Drop-Off and Pick-up:
- On school days with inclement weather (raining, snowing, below zero temperatures) students will be allowed to enter the building at 7:55 am.
- Middle school students should be dropped off at the playground entrance on 86th Street (West side of building) between 7:45-7:55 am.
- High school students will enter through the main door on Burleigh Street.
- Students should NEVER be dropped off or picked up in the parking lot.
- At the end of the day, busses will pull away from the building at 3:30pm.
- Students who are not working directly with a teacher or coach after school MUST leave the building in a timely fashion. No students will be allowed to remain in the building unsupervised after school.
MSL Website: Stay up to date on activities at MSL by subscribing to the MSL website: http://mpsmke.com/msl
Go to the bottom of the page and put in your email address and Subscribe Today!
- Grade 9 – Friday, August 6, 2021 12pm – 2:30pm
- Grade 6 – Wednesday, August 11, 2021 1:00 – 3:30 pm
- Picture Day – Tuesday, September 21, 2021 (Any student who has not had a picture taken)
- Picture Retakes – Thursday, November 4, 2021
- Senior Pictures due by Friday, October 29, 2021
**Note that School IDs will not be issued.
Prepare for Success Tips: