Application Process (Current 5th – 7th Grade)
· All applicants must have a teacher fill out the Morse Middle School APPLICATION FORM and gather the requested documents. (Parents should fill out the general information on page 1).
· This form must be completed by a current teacher and returned to the parent/guardian in a sealed envelope along with a current report card, final report from previous grade, copy of a scored writing sample from the current year, and any other information that illustrates the child’s gifts and/or talents.
· This information is used to create a comprehensive profile of the student to determine whether the student would benefit from our program.
· Once the parent/guardian receives the sealed envelope, they can return it to Morse Middle School for the Gifted and Talented at 6700 N. 80thStreet, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53223.
· With a few exceptions the application is due Friday, February 28, 2017; the last day of the MPS Three Choice enrollment period.
· Once an evaluation is completed from the profile, parents/guardians are notified by mail or phone if their child is a candidate. Please ensure we have accurate contact information.
For questions, contact Phyllis Anderson (414) 393-3500