The Morse Middle School Gifted and Talented program focuses on science, technology, engineering and math (STEM), and college preparation. Its science programming includes Project Lead the Way coursework, which incorporates hands- on project-based learning. In addition to rigorous curriculum, students enjoy a wide variety of sports, arts and extracurricular opportunities.
Application Process (Current 5th – 7th Grade)
· All applicants must have a teacher fill out the Morse Middle School APPLICATION FORM and gather the requested documents. (Parents should fill out the general information on page 1).
· This form must be completed by a current teacher and returned to the parent/guardian in a sealed envelope along with a current report card, final report from previous grade, copy of a scored writing sample from the current year, and any other information that illustrates the child’s gifts and/or talents.
· This information is used to create a comprehensive profile of the student to determine whether the student would benefit from our program.
· Once the parent/guardian receives the sealed envelope, they can return it to Morse Middle School for the Gifted and Talented at 6700 N. 80thStreet, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53223.
· With a few exceptions the application is due Friday, February 28, 2017; the last day of the MPS Three Choice enrollment period.
· Once an evaluation is completed from the profile, parents/guardians are notified by mail or phone if their child is a candidate. Please ensure we have accurate contact information.
If you would like more information about Morse Middle School for the Gifted and Talented, please attend one of the Open Houses at 6700 N. 80thStreet from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. See our calendar for dates and times.