Why MHSA? Program for English Language Learners
Are you an English learner student who loves the arts but feel that you also need help with learning English?
Do you know about the MHSA English learner program?
At MHSA, students believe:
“Here, everybody is equal. Nothing in this school makes me feel not accepted.”
– May June Paw (Class of 2018)
“MHSA is a place where you feel like home, a place where we are a family.”
– Desire Mukucha (Class of 2018)
“My orchestra major is amazing. I love playing violin. Sometimes it is hard but trying my best is what I do!”
– Azeb Weldemariam (Class of 2018)
At MHSA we provide:
ESL Courses to help you improve your English skills in speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
ESL Content Courses – in Social Studies, English, Math, and Science. These are smaller classes that focus on making sure English learners understand the class material and are successful. Classes are supported by an ESL teacher and an ESL Paraprofessional.
At MHSA we help you to:
- Pass your high school courses.
- Earn and maintain a high GPA.
- Improve your confidence.
- Develop your talents & passion in the arts – whether you are in music, visual arts, dance, creative writing, or theater.
- Participate in school clubs such as Link Crew, College Possible, National Honor Society, Debate Club, Forensics, swimming, and so much more!
- Play on sports teams including soccer, volleyball, tennis, track, football, and basketball.
- Apply to pre-college programs and universities
How to Apply:
More information on auditions will be proved on our website.