Milwaukee High School of the Arts is an Early Admissions school. Our admissions process begins in October of the prior school year. Any student interested in enrolling must complete all three of the following steps:
1. All applicants must take a Mandatory Audition in one art area.
- Auditions for the 20/21 school year :
- As of September 22nd, 2020, remote audition can be scheduled by contacting Ms. Harris at 414-934-7012 or emailing her at email@example.com.
- See Audition Requirements for specific art areas below
2. To Audition, every student must have 3 pieces of information with them in hand at the time of the audition. It is important that you have this paperwork so that the Arts teachers can review it and audition you.
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Test scores (Stars or Forward)
- Last Report Card or transcripts
3. Early Admission: If you choose Milwaukee High School of the Arts as your first choice it has to be listed as number 1 on your choice list.
- The application form will need to be submitted on the Milwaukee Public Schools website.
An applicant will not audition without ALL items at the time of the audition. Students who do not attend a school that administers state testing should bring a note of explanation from the school’s office.
If you have any questions about the Application Process, please contact Ms. Harris at 414-934-7012.