- In 4 year old Kindergarten, the children begin to learn the basics of German. During this first year, the children are exposed to German the entire day.
- In 5 year old Kindergarten, the children build on their knowledge of German. The children are exposed to German the entire day.
- In first grade, the children begin to read and write in German and solidify their skills in the foundations mathematics.
- The children continue to develop their German reading and writing skills while they are introduced to an average of 30 minutes of English reading twice a week.
- Along with a wide curriculum, the children learn about the United States as they continue to master English and German reading and writing skills.
- The children not only learn about the history of Wisconsin and simple machines, but they also continue to develop their skills in writing and mathematics.
- Children in 5th regularly work in cooperative groups preparing for presentations using technology. They also learn to become independent for middle school.
- The children learn reading and mathematics in English and other skills that help them reach academic success.
- The children at MGIS learn how to play a variety of musical instruments. They also learn various physical activities to promote healthy life style.