Why choose German Immersion?
- Our innovative total immersion program – students become completely fluent in German!
- Learning another language dramatically increases your child’s brain power and success at school and in life. Learn the benefits of being bilingual!
- Milwaukee German Immersion School “Exceeds Expectations” on the WI DPI State Report Card!
- MGIS has received the U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon School of Excellence
Quick facts about MGIS
- MGIS is a 4-year old kindergarten through grade 5 elementary school founded by Milwaukee Public Schools in 1977.
- We serve as a city-wide school, open to children from all parts of Milwaukee.
- MGIS provides English-speaking students the opportunity to learn German in a school where it is the primary language of instruction.
- Children receive reading instruction in English beginning in 2nd grade.
- Children are accepted only in kindergarten and first grade. Contact the principal regarding applications for grades 2-5.
- Recently, MGIS was chosen to be a partner school of the PASCH initiative, a global network of over 1,500 schools that place a high value on German. PASCH stands for the “Schools: Partners for the Future” initiative.