In addition to the strong academic program, Milwaukee French Immersion School also offers the following opportunities to its students:
- Fifth Grade French Exchange Trip: 5th grade students have the opportunity to travel with 2 staff members to the south of France. Students and staff stay with families from our partner school, College la Presentation, in Salon-de-Provence, France, for two weeks. They go to school with their French host student and spend most days visiting historical and cultural sites in the area. The French students then complete the exchange by spending two weeks in Milwaukee in May.
- Girl Scouts– There are troops for girls at all grade levels!
- Violin – group lessons are available during the school day for students in grades 1-5
- Piano – group lessons are available during the school day for students in grades 2-5
- African Dance – group African Dance lessons are held over 12 weeks during the year to enrich the music and physical education of or students in grades K5 – 3.
- Intermural Basketball Team
- Le Grand Concours– Students in grades 1-5 participate in a National French competition and typically receive top prizes for their abilities in French.
- Robotics Team – Select students in grades 4 and 5 are invited to be part of Les Robots Français, our First Lego League Robotics team.