These resources will help younger and new students develop basic French vocabulary and comprehension skills:
- Caillou: Official site of the cartoon character Caillou. Children ages 2-6 will enjoy adventures and find many new things to discover. There are games, activities, and coloring pages. While our students should experience this page in French it can also be navigated in English, which may be helpful for parents who are not French-speakers.
- Wumpa’s World Interactive Website: Activities in French for children from 3-6. Here, students can learn about the Arctic, Inuits, friendship and cooperation.
- Le grenier de Bisou – Sponsored by the Canadian children’s show of the same name, this site has educational games and activities for children aged 2 – 6. Areas covered include the alphabet, making groups of objects to match numbers to 5, shapes, vehicles, and professions.
- Boowa et Kwala
- Carmen à la Campagne – Interactive Site with French Games and Stories
- La Souris – Educational Games and Books for K4-1st
- Play and Learn French Language Games