These sites are meant to help students with literacy skills, French reading practice, and French grammar:
- Lecture Enfant: Enter username mil and the password bonjour to access French literacy building videos!
- TumbleBooks: An online library of e-books in English and in French for students of all ages. Log in with username: mfis and password: reads to access over 550 titles which include animated talking picture books, books in English, French and Spanish, read-alongs, non-fiction books and National Geographic Videos.
- Boukili: Download this app and create a free account to listen to, read, and record books at 6 different reading levels. Students can also track their progress and play interactive games to build literacy skills.
- Maxétom: Students match illustrations vocabulary words grouped by letter sound. Choose from 16 activities on 2 pages!
- La planète des alphas: A series of games that teach French pre-literacy and emergent reading skills. These games are meant to be played in the order they appear. Students learn letter / sound identification, blending two and three sounds to make a syllable, and identifying a word’s beginning sounds.
- Jardin de la lecture: Part of the Ottawa (Canada) Public Library website. Students can practice rhyming, letter and letter sound identification, and sorting skills.
- Genre des mots: For students in 3rd grade and up. The player must read and sort words into the correct envelope: masculine or feminine. There are three levels of difficulty and multiple “modules” at each level.
- Conjugaison en contexte: For students in 3rd grade and up. The player reads the passage and then must type in the correct conjugation of the infinitive verb.
- Pluriels particuliers: For students in 3rd grade and up. The player reads the passage and then selects the grammatically correct version of the word.
Looking for more web-based games? Try doing this search in your web browser: “jeux interactifs pedagogique lecture”. Bonne chance!