Maple Tree First Day of School!
Maple Tree Elementary students were welcomed back to school by dignitaries from the district, city, state, and school. Students walked the red carpet and were greeted by not only Maple Tree staff members but also MPS Superintendent Dr. Keith Posley, Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, Wisconsin Superintendent of Public Instruction Tony Evers, Milwaukee Police Chief Alfonso Morales and the Riverside University High School Drumline.
For a full collection of photos and news clips click on the links below.
Average is Over!
High Expectations. Student Achievement.
Every Minute. Every Hour. Every Day.
No Exception. No Excuses.
Maple Tree Elementary School is committed to the goal of working to ensure that every student is proficient or advanced in reading and writing across all content areas. Our school promotes an educational environment that aligns curriculum and instruction to the Common Core State Standards. At Maple Tree Elementary School, we educate all students for success in higher education, careers, and responsible citizenship. Our school offers five Head Start – Early Childhood Programs, and grades K4 – 5th. Maple Tree School has smaller class sizes with our Achievement Gap Reduction (AGR) program for grades K5 – 3rd. We offer a rigorous academic curriculum and a dedicated professional teaching staff that work to ensure all students achieve academic success.
Highlights: Neighborhood School
- Transportation: Vincent Transportation Region
- Special Programs: PBIS, Smart Smiles Dental Program, Co-ed Basketball, Flag Football, Girl Scouts, Second Step
- Extended Day Activities: Community Learning Center
- Community Partners: Menomonee Falls FedEx Ground Facility Drivers (holiday toy drive that benefited 50 Maple Tree families), Interfaith Volunteers & UWM American Read Tutors, City of Milwaukee Fire Department, Hospitals, Sam’s Club, Giving Back with Ronald McDonald Program, Growing Power, Smart Smiles & Community Dental Hygienist, Flood the Hood with Dreams presented by Kwabena Nixon, Pathways to STEM Program in Madison WI – Summer 2016, Ronald McDonald House, National Book-It Principal Challenge sponsored by Pizza Hut, and Interfaith Tutoring services
- Parental/Guardian Involvement: PTO, School Governance Council