Manitoba Tuesday Folder
Tuesday, May 10, 2022
Manitoba Families: Please read the items below for this week’s Tuesday Folder. Info can also be found on our Facebook page – Like/Follow us here :
- Open House – May 18th: Our Open House is scheduled for Wednesday, May 18th from 4:30 – 6:30 PM. This year’s event will have both in-person and virtual options for families. Given Covid/social distancing guidelines from the district, our Open House will run as follows: Open House will be broken up into 15-minute in-person sessions from 4:30 – 6:00 PM. We will also offer two 15-minute virtual sessions for families who are unable to attend in-person from 6:00 – 6:30 PM.
- Families can sign-up for a 15-minute session in their child’s classroom.
- Classrooms will be limited to 6 families per 15-minute session.
- All families/students/staff present are to wear face masks.
- Use the link here to register!
- FREE In-School Dental Care Clinic will be offered to ALL students during the week of May 16th. Paper forms have been sent home with all students. Forms MUST be completed and returned for your child to receive services. A digital copy is available now here.
- SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATION: Please consider enrolling your student in the MPS Summer Academy! MPS Summer Academy has specialty courses for all ages lasting 1-5 weeks. They even have classes for incoming 8th and 9th graders to jump start their High School credits.
- SPECIAL ED FAMILIES: MPS is offering a program, Special Education Leadership Institute for Families. This program will offer valuable training and classes to help parents, guardians, and family members gain the insight and skills needed to ensure their child succeeds in school. Topics include Individualized Education Programs (IEP), rights and responsibilities, and student conduct. Attend all sessions or select individual sessions that are appropriate to your unique needs. See the flyers here for more information:
- Looking for a job/employment – MPS is hiring! MPS is actively recruiting individuals for a part-time school support employment opportunity. Flexible work hours (NOT TO EXCEED 25-HOURS PER WEEK) during the school day will allow candidates to sign up for shifts that fit into their current class schedules or busy lifestyles. Interested candidates should apply for Job ID# 1019122 at mpsmke.com/careers.
- MPS Now offering Covid Vaccine Clinics for kids ages 5+. Please see the link here for more info.
- TRIPLE P Parenting Program: Parenting is hard! This website is designed to make it easy to find the parenting support you need. Sign up for the programs that meet your parenting goals.
- ENROLL NOW: http://bit.ly/MPS-ENROLL
- Chromebook Care Tips: Chromebook Care Tips
Questions/Concerns: Please contact, Parent Coordinator, Ms. Deal at email@example.com or (414) 501-3711