Our Team name is the “Urban Robots”, Team #3963. We have formed two new business partnerships between JCPenney (Donated $6,500) and GE Health Care ($9,000) and JMAC.
“The varsity Sport for the Mind,” FIRST Robotic Competition, FRC, combines the excitement of sport with the rigors of science and technology. Under strict rules, limited resources, and time limits, teams of 25 students or more are challenged to raise funds, design a team “brand,” hone teamwork skills, and build and program robots to perform prescribed tasks against a field of competitors. It’s as close to “real-world engineering” as a student can get. Volunteer professional mentors lend their time and talents to guide each team.
Students get to:
- Learn from professional engineers
- Build and compete with a robot of their own design
- Learn and use sophisticated software and hardware
- Compete and cooperate in alliances and tournaments
- Earn a place in the World Championship
- Qualify for nearly $14.8 million in college scholarships