Montessori Program Features:
- A prepared, orderly environment in which students have freedom to work on their own or in small groups.
- Self-correcting, sequenced learning materials which help the child develop a strong foundation in reading and mathematics skills.
- Development of self-discipline and independence built around respect for each other and the school environment.
- Parent sessions on the Montessori philosophy and methods, with a strong emphasis on how parents can support the program.
- Belief that learning is a life-long process. The importance of developing a love of learning is central to the Montessori Method of Education.
Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
PBIS is a joint effort between Milwaukee Public Schools Office of Family Services and the Milwaukee Teachers’ Education Association to effectively reduce classroom disruptions and student suspensions through a school-wide systematic tiered-intervention approach. Data shows that schools that implement PBIS with fidelity see decreases in disruptions and suspensions and increases in student achievement.
Outdoor Education Experiences
YMCA Swim Instruction
Big Brothers Big Sisters Mentoring Program
Mad Hot Ballroom
Danceworks Mad Hot Ballroom and Tap (MHBT) is an educational dance program for schoolchildren in the Greater Milwaukee area targeting primarily very low-income schools in Milwaukee’s central city. MHBT provides desperately needed arts programming directly in the schools, while building artistic, academic and social skills among students. MHBT strives to empower youth to stay in school, gain self-confidence and reach their full potential through the transformative power of dance.