Welcome back, students! We missed having you in our building.
K3-6th grade families, if you have not already done so, please bring your Chromebooks and chargers back to school with you. AM drop off staff on 64th street can collect Chromebooks from any Primary (K3-K5) aged students who are unable to carry them in their backpacks. Please make sure that the Chromebooks are clean and wiped down. Thank you.
MPS Covid-19 Vaccine Clinics: The COVID-19 vaccine is approved for everyone age 5 and older. MPS will host COVID-19 clinics to help families access the vaccine. Appointments are not needed. See the complete schedule by downloading a flyer. A signed consent form is needed for children to receive the vaccine. See MPS School Vaccination clinic flyer HERE
Virtual Kindergarten Enrollment Fair February 5th, 9AM – 12PM
Kindergarten enrollment for fall 2022 will be February 5 to March 6, 2022. The application will be available online through the MPS website. MPS will host a virtual enrollment fair to help families explore programs, choose schools, and enroll students. Please encourage your friends and neighbors to choose MacDowell Montessori for their child’s education! Interested families should attend the virtual Kindergarten Enrollment fair on February 5, 2022, from 9 A.M. to 12 P.M. Details will follow soon.
MPS Kindergarten Enrollment Info:
- If you have a younger child that you wish to enroll in K3 or K4 at MacDowell, you must enroll during this enrollment window to receive sibling preference. The current student’s name should be included in the application. Sibling preference is not granted after this enrollment window (February 5 to March 6, 2022)
- There is no advantage to completing the enrollment application on the first day of the process.
- Current MacDowell students do not need to reapply. They are automatically re enrolled.
Wondering if you can enroll your child?
- Students enrolling at K3 need to be 3 years old by September 1st and must reside in Milwaukee.
- Students enrolling in K4 need to be 4 years old by September 1st.
MPS Kindergarten Enrollment Page; https://mps.milwaukee.k12.wi.us/en/Schools/How-to-Apply/Kindergarten-Enrollment.htm
If you have enrollment questions, please contact Parent Coordinator Claudine at 414-935-1339.
WINTER CLOTHING: Please make sure your children have warm clothing, including a jacket, hat, scarf, boots and mittens for recess. K5 and all elementary classes go outside every day unless the temperature is below 11 degrees.
Please make sure that your children’s names are written in all their cold winter clothing and accessories. That will help us return lost items to their owner.
Online Student-Athlete Registration for Spring 2022 Sports. Please take this opportunity to get an early start on participating by registering before the April 4, 2022 deadline. (Baseball (Pulaski), Softball (Pulaski), Girls Soccer (Pulaski), Tennis (JUNEAU), Golf (JUNEAU), Boys/Girls Track & Field (Pulaski)) is now open. Families SHOULD NOT create a new or separate account for each Sports Athlete in the family that has already registered/created an account in the past. Only one family account should be created or used per family with multiple Sport Athletes (siblings/same parent/legal guardian). In addition, free physicals are available (see attached flyer HERE).
COMING SOON: New MPS Athletics Online Ticketing System. Digital tickets will be required for all MPS Athletics events. See below. The new online ticketing system will be officially announced on MPS Athletics social media pages and website when it is unveiled and available to use.
NO SCHOOL (mid Semester break)
Monday, February 14th
Tuesday, February 15th
MPS $100 COVID vaccine incentive details for students ages 5-11
Who is eligible to receive the $100 vaccine incentive? To be eligible, students must
- be 5–11 years of age,
- be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 14, 2022,
- complete the online application by January 31, 2022,
- attend any MPS school, including any MPS charter school or partnership school.
Note that children ages 5 to 11 are eligible ONLY for the Pfizer vaccine, which requires two doses at least 21 days apart.
- How do families apply for the incentive? To apply for the student incentive, a family member can access the online application at mpsmke.com/studentvax.
You will need your student’s MPS log-in information, which is the student ID (seven-digit number) and password. The password is your student’s birth-date with no leading zeros and the 4 digit year.
More information can be found in the application. The application is due by 11:59 p.m. on January 31, 2022. The application can be filled out by smartphone.
What does the application entail?
- Verification that the student’s contact information is correct. If contact information is not correct, please complete the application, then contact your child’s school to update your information before January 31, 2022.
- Consent for MPS to verify your child’s COVID-19 vaccination status through the Wisconsin Immunization Registry (WIR).
- Consent for MPS to share your contact information with a third-party partner organization to issue the incentive.
COVID-19 TESTING PROGRAM
MPS is participating in the Wisconsin Department of Health Services K–12 COVID-19 testing program. The district will offer a lab-based PCR test to students and staff who exhibit COVID-19 symptoms at school. Collecting a specimen for testing involves inserting a small swab into both nostrils. Testing is voluntary and will take place only with written consent from a parent/guardian.
Below is a link to the consent form for COVID-19 testing, please return this form to the school office if you consent to testing for your student. https://tinyurl.com/34hdz24x
FROM NURSE SARAH: Hello Parents/Guardians of MacDowell students. As the COVID-19 vaccine has now been opened for 5 and older, I am requesting immunization records. If you get your child vaccinated for COVID-19, please be sure to send a copy of the immunization record to me. This will help to ensure I have the most up to date records and will assist in determining quarantine times should your child be identified as a close contact. Thank you for your assistance in this matter. My email is: email@example.com
PARENT PORTAL: Parent Portal allows 24-hour access to view your child’s:
- Real-time updates, alerts and more!
For assistance setting up a new Infinite Campus/Parent Portal account, parents and guardians should contact Ms. Claudine, Parent Coordinator at 414-339-5796.
!!!! OPT-IN TO TEXT MESSAGING: This will allow you to receive updates regarding transportation changes, school newsletters, school closings and so much more. Follow these instructions to ensure you are receiving important information:
- Families should send a text message to: 67587 to connect to the new system.
- In the message, send Y or YES to ensure that you continue to receive important texts from your school and district.
LOST AND FOUND: Our Lost and Found is still quite full. We have a number of unlabeled sweatshirts, jackets and water bottles that have not yet been claimed. Please encourage your student to check this area to look for any lost items. Thank you.