MPS $100 COVID vaccine incentive details for students ages 5-11
Who is eligible to receive the $100 vaccine incentive? To be eligible, students must
• be 5–11 years of age,
• be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 14, 2022,
• complete the online application by January 31, 2022,
• attend any MPS school, including any MPS charter school or partnership school.
Note that children ages 5 to 11 are eligible ONLY for the Pfizer vaccine, which requires two doses at least 21 days apart.
- How do families apply for the incentive? To apply for the student incentive, a family member can access the online application at mpsmke.com/studentvax.
You will need your student’s MPS log-in information, which is the student ID (seven-digit number) and password. The password is your student’s birth-date with no leading zeros and the 4 digit year.
More information can be found in the application. The application is due by 11:59 p.m. on January 31, 2022. The application can be filled out by smartphone.
What does the application entail?
• Verification that the student’s contact information is correct. If contact information is not correct, please complete the application, then contact your child’s school to update your information before January 31, 2022.
• Consent for MPS to verify your child’s COVID-19 vaccination status through the Wisconsin Immunization Registry (WIR).
• Consent for MPS to share your contact information with a third-party partner organization to issue the incentive.
MPS STOP GRAB AND GO LOCATIONS
Tuesday – Friday Jan. 4 – 7, 2022
Pick up from: 11AM – 1PM
MacDowell is one of 50 Stop, Grab & Go locations.
**To see a full list of Stop, Grab and Go locations, please visit the flyer HERE
REMINDER: Virtual Learning Tutorials
Please visit the MPS web page for access to tutorials on how to access Clever, SeeSaw, Google Classroom and more! Link to these tutorials is HERE
Reminder: To log into a school-issued Chromebook, Clever or Google Classroom students will enter their 7 digit student ID number with the ‘s’ included (s #######) followed by their password, which is their birthday in this format: MM/DD/YY
TAB WARS: Sponsored by the School Store and Athletic Assistant Occupations
During the first semester our 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th graders competed against one another to see which grade could get the most weight in aluminum tabs you pull to open soda cans. The grade with the most weight by 12/10 earned a pizza party. Collecting tabs was a fun way to build community, give classes the opportunity to earn a pizza party, and do something for a good cause. All tabs were donated to the Ronald McDonald house. Congrats to our 10th Grade class who won the Tab Wars!
THANK YOU FROM STUDENT COUNCIL: The High School Student Council would like to thank all of the generous families who donated to the food drive this year to help support our amazing MacDowell Montessori community.
Room 310 (4th – 6th Grade)
Students in Ms. Kiki’s Upper Elementary class have been studying anatomy and physiology, and were able to observe and participate in the dissection of a fetal pig, led by our Science Department chair, Mr. Beermann, and Teacher’s Assistant Ms. LaBoy. We love to give our students hands-on experiences to enhance their learning!
MACDOWELL WINTER CONCERT: What a wonderful winter choir, orchestra, and modern band concert! In December we hosted a socially distanced concert for the families of performers in our ensembles. We were able to showcase several of our current ensembles, and we have high hopes for all of our instrumental music groups to be ready for performance this spring! Hats off to our Music Department for preparing a fantastic show!
JANUARY 17 – NO SCHOOL (MLK Jr. Day)
MAC (Montessori Advisory Council) Meeting (virtual)
January 10, 2022
5:30 – 6:30 PM
Please visit our Zoom link to register HERE
DAC Meeting (virtual) **The January 6, 2022 meeting of the District Advisory Council (DAC) will be postponed to Thursday, January 13, 2022, at 6:00 pm. This will be a virtual meeting. Link to join the meeting is HERE
SEC Meeting (virtual)
5:00 – 5:30pm
Google Meet: https://meet.google.com/nbc-mmqc-bun
January 19th 5:30-6:30 PM (virtual)
Zoom ID: 833 9024 2283
FROM NURSE SARAH: Hello Parents/Guardians of MacDowell students. As the COVID-19 vaccine has now been opened for 5 and older, I am requesting immunization records. If you get your child vaccinated for COVID-19, please be sure to send a copy of the immunization record to me. This will help to ensure I have the most up to date records and will assist in determining quarantine times should your child be identified as a close contact. Thank you for your assistance in this matter. My email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
PARENT PORTAL: Parent Portal allows 24-hour access to view your child’s:
- Real-time updates, alerts and more!
- For assistance in setting up a new Infinite Campus/Parent Portal account, parents and guardians should contact Ms. Claudine, Parent Coordinator at 414-339-5796.
!!!! OPT-IN TO TEXT MESSAGING: This will allow you to receive updates regarding transportation changes, school newsletters, school closings and so much more. Follow these instructions to ensure you are receiving important information:
- Families should send a text message to: 67587 to connect to the new system.
- In the message, send Y or YES to ensure that you continue to receive important texts from your school and district.