Lowell International Elementary School is a culturally diverse, family oriented community that offers classes in grades K3 through 5th grade. Lowell offers a K3 Early Childhood Special Education Program. Lowell participates in the state-funded Literacy Initiative, Achievement Gap Reduction (AGR), which supports reading intervention in grades K5-3rd. Lowell aims to develop well-rounded students with character who respond to challenges with optimism and an open mind, are confident in their own identities, make ethical decisions, join with others in celebrating our common humanity, and are prepared to apply what they learn in real-world, complex and unpredictable situations.
Lowell Elementary is an International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme World School. International Baccalaureate (IB) schools share a commitment to a high quality, challenging international education. The Primary Years Programme prepares students to become active, caring, lifelong learners who demonstrate respect for themselves and others and have the capacity to participate in the world around them. It focuses on the development of the whole child.
Lowell Elementary Mission Statement
Our mission is to develop globally minded learners of strong character, who are goal driven towards higher education.
Lowell Elementary Vision Statement
To create and sustain a multi-cultural learning environment that empowers children to be globally minded, goal-oriented, and equipped to make their world a better place.
Lowell Elementary Values
- Family and community engagement
- Safe and respectful environment
- Professional and personal growth
- Inquiry-based learning
- Global awareness
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
Lowell Elementary is an IB Primary Years Programme World School. IB schools share a commitment to a high quality, challenging international education. The Primary Years Programme prepares students to become active, caring, lifelong learners who demonstrate respect for themselves and others and have the capacity to participate in the world around them. It focuses on the development of the whole child.
Small school on Milwaukee’s south side that offers a rigorous academic program to students in grades K3 through 5.
For WI DPI State Report Card Information click here
- Lowell International School has been recognized by the Wisconsin RtI Center for efforts to implement a culturally responsive multi-level system of support in reading, mathematics and behavior for the 2016-17 school year.
- Lowell International School earned a Certificate of Merit for increasing enrollment more than 5% in 2017 as compared to the prior year.
- Lowell International School earned a Certificate of Excellence for growth in the following areas: increased attendance and decreased suspension in 2018 from the Southwest Regional Team.
- Lowell International School earned a Certificate of Academic Achievement for Outstanding Achievement in the following areas: closing the achievement gap in Early Literacy by 64.2%, closing the achievement gap in Reading by 35.6%, and closing the achievement gap in math by 18.2% in 2018.
- Lowell was named a Wisconsin Title I School of Recognition in 2014-15, 2013-2014, 2012-2013 and 2010-2011 by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction for moving students forward academically.
- Lowell was also awarded the Give with Target $25,000 Grant for the 2012-2013 school year.
Music and Spanish
Violin lessons are offered beginning in 1st grade. Piano lessons are offered beginning in 2nd grade. Spanish is taught to grades K3 through 5.
Camp Lowell is Lowell’s before-school and after-school childcare program. Students have many opportunities to enhance their leadership skills and extend their learning beyond the school day at Camp Lowell.