Bay View Montessori and REFLO present our Upper Campus schoolyard redevelopment plan.
Here is a summary brochure:
The District will keep you informed throughout the summer about decisions made regarding school opening on September 1, 2020
Please note our new school hours, due to the adoption of the 3 tiered bus system.
Lower Campus 9:00-4:00. Doors open at 8:55. Upper Campus 9:10-4:10.
Shuttle leaves promptly at 9:05 am from the LC to the UC.
ALL CLASS WORK AND ASSIGNMENTS ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SUMMER
- PE website.
- Scholastic is giving free access to their excellent, online magazine.
- Curious about how to pick the right book for your child? Check out this guide.
- 101 things to do at home with kids from MKE Magazine
- Learn Spanish.
- PBS article for young children. At the bottom there are links to favorite cartoons that cover hand washing.
- How to talk to your child about COVID-19:
- Free online resources from your Milwaukee Public Library: Library Now. Use your student’s MPS ‘S’ number to access
- Here is a youtube video that explains Covid-19 to children.
- The company that sponsored our fun run has free & fun workouts for children on their Facebook page.
- For All Grade Levels: Digital Resources – Sheet1 (1)
- Primary Letter during COVID-final for website
- Primary Letter May 4-8 Newsletter 2
- Primary Newsletter 3: Cover Page 2Handwriting 2 Lotus Pose Newsletter 3 Newsletter 3 Follow up Science Odd and Even Numbers Practical Life Recipe
- Primary Newsletter 4 WhoooIsEvenWhoooIsOddFREEBIE
- Newsletter 5
- Newsletter 6 revised
- Newsletter 7
- This website has recommended printables to practice cursive writing.
- Click here for some ADDITIONAL Lower Elementary educational resources.
- Seterra: This website offers digital geography quizzes and printable maps for students to work on identifying states, countries, rivers, and capitals. Here is the link: https://online.seterra.com/
- Click here for ADDITIONAL Upper Elementary resources. Students must log in using their full “s number”. firstname.lastname@example.org. Password is date of birth xx/xx/xxxx
Bay View Montessori School
“Education is a natural process carried out by the child and is not acquired by listening to words, but by experiences in the environment.” – Dr. Maria Montessori
The Montessori method of education is based on the philosophy that children are able to reach their full potential through multi-age interactions in an inquiring, cooperative and encouraging atmosphere. Our staff focuses on fostering independence and responsibility in students. Children demonstrate creativity, concentration, and leadership in their work and community. The Montessori environment and teachers ensure that our young learners build confidence in their abilities and exceed in their academic and social abilities. Montessori education nurtures the whole child and strives to create a community of peace.
Bay View Montessori School opened in the fall of 2012 as Howard Avenue Montessori School. The district School Board supported Administration in December of 2017 to grant our school two campuses, based on the high demand of parents seeking enrollment into Montessori schools. Our families voted to change our school name to Bay View Montessori School to reflect the merge to a dual campus model.
Our Lower Campus, located on Howard Avenue, has a new start time of 9:00 with a full day end time of 4:00 for k5 students. We currently have six primary classrooms of mixed ages (three, four and five year old children). By the 2022-23 school year, we will expand to 8 primary rooms allowing for more k3’s and k4’s the opportunity to experience a Montessori education.
Our Upper Campus houses four Lower Elementary classrooms of 1st through 3rd grades and three Upper Elementary classrooms of 4th through 6th grade classes and one 7th grade class. In 2021-22 we will reach 8th grade, becoming a true k-8 school.
Our early childhood (Primary) classrooms have approximately 31 students in the morning with one teacher and a morning assistant. Montessori 3 and 4 year olds are half-day students with classes ending at 12:00. K5 students attend for the entire school day with approximately 12 children in the afternoon. Bay View Montessori School offers a reasonably priced Camp program at both campuses, open to enrolled students from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm daily. Transportation is provided between campuses at drop off and pick-up for elementary students.
Bay View Montessori School continues to offer enriching after school activities including basketball, year-round soccer, cheer leading, volleyball, Spanish, First Lego Jr., Robotics, Chess club, Girl Scouts, Daisies, Boy Scouts, and a sensational Drama Club. As the school expands to eighth grade, we will continue to add additional programs and opportunities for student participation both during and after school.
To enroll into Bay View Montessori School, parents and guardians must participate in MPS’s Kindergarten Enrollment period during the month of February for k3 and k4 seats. K3 seats are available in MPS Montessori for residents of the City of Milwaukee only.
Please contact the school at 935-0700 for a tour or to get more information. We no longer have seats available for the 2020-21 school year. We are at full capacity.
Bay View Montessori State Report Card:
Bay View Montessori School Hours:
Lower Campus: 357 E. Howard Avenue (Grades K3-k5)
8:30-12:00 k3/k4 AM session
Upper Campus: 619 E. Dover Street (Grades 1st-7th)
9:10 am – 4:10 pm
The shuttle leaves at 9:05 AM from the Lower Campus to the Upper Campus. All students must be on the shuttle by 9:05 AM. At the end of the day, the shuttle returns to the Lower Campus. It leaves from the Upper Campus at 4:15 and arrives to the Lower Campus between 4:20 and 4:30.